This easy Dump and Bake Pork Chop Casserole is the perfect dinner for busy weeknights. Boneless pork chops bake up tender and moist and are covered with the most deliciously creamy mushroom sauce while the cauliflower tots are full of cheesy goodness. Just ten minutes prep and you’ll have a low-carb meal the whole family will love.
Baked Boneless Pork Chops with Cauliflower Tots
I like quick and easy especially when I’ve been going all day and the last thing I feel like cooking is dinner. So the less fuss and clean-up needed for the meal the better. I often opt for my Air Fryer Pork Chops but, when I’m in the mood for comfort food, this super easy pork chop bake comes to mind. It’s one of my favorite dump and bake recipes.
This easy pork chop casserole recipe is low carb too! Originally the recipe had potatoes on the bottom but I decided to make it a little healthier by subbing in cauliflower tots and using pork loin chops for a healthy, low-fat protein.
OK, I did go a little crazy on the cheese (’cause as you can probably tell I’m a cheese lover from way back) but you can sub low-fat cheese or just put less on for a lower calorie option. This creamy, cheesy pork chop casserole is a real winner!
The trick for juicy pork chops
It’s layers of moisture! With the pork chops moistened on the bottom by the cauliflower tots and smothered with cheese and a soup mixture over the top, covered and baked, they stay juicy and come out oh so tender. You’ll never have dried-out pork chops with this cheesy pork chop casserole!
So just how easy is this dump and bake pork chops casserole recipe with cauliflower to make? Check it out!
How to Make Dump & Bake Pork Chop Casserole
- Place cauliflower tots in the bottom of a baking dish in a single layer. (photo 1)
- Sprinkle 1-1/2 cups cheese over tots. (photo 2)
- Brown seasoned and floured pork chops in a medium skillet. (photo 3)
- Place browned pork chops over cheese. (photo 4)
- Mix cream of mushroom soup with half-and-half and pour evenly over pork chops. (photo 5)
- Ready to bake. Cover with aluminum foil and place in the oven for 45 minutes. (photo 6)
- Remove casserole from the oven, uncover and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Return to oven for 15 minutes.
- Casserole ready to serve after browning the cheese under the broiler.
This baked pork chop casserole with cream of mushroom soup is perfect any time of year but a definite comfort food during the cold winter. The moist and tender pork chops are covered with the most flavorful and creamy mushroom sauce while the cauliflower sweet potato tots are full of ooey gooey cheesy goodness. Take a bite and I’ll let you decide if this is one of the best ways to cook pork chops.
More Easy Casseroles for Dinner
Chicken Broccoli Noodle Casserole is cheesy and made with leftover or rotisserie chicken.
Southwest Chicken Casserole with Rotel and Cheddar cheese is topped with southwest-style hash browns.
Fiesta Chicken Casserole is crispy chicken breasts smothered in a green chile cheese sauce.
There’s more! Find lots of healthy main dish recipes here on 2CM!
Love quick & easy recipes? Follow me on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest for all the latest recipe inspiration! Plus join my email list and receive a free e-book.
Dump & Bake Pork Chop Casserole with Cauliflower Tots
- 4 boneless pork loin chops
- 1/4 cup flour gluten-free if required, or can omit altogether
- 14-16 oz pkg cauliflower or cauliflower sweet potato tots
- 2 1/2 cups cheddar cheese grated (can use low fat variety)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup gluten-free if necessary
- 3/4 can fat-free half and half or cream just slightly under 1 cup
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray an 8x11-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Sprinkle salt & pepper on pork chops then dredge in flour, shaking off excess.
- Heat a medium frying pan with olive oil and brown pork chops on both sides.
- Place cauliflower tots in bottom of baking dish in single layer.
- Sprinkle 1-1/2 cups cheese over tots.
- Place browned pork chops over cheese.
- Mix soup with half and half then pour evenly over pork chops.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and discard foil. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup grated cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes more. If you like your cheese browned, place under broiler for about 3-5 minutes.