This Gluten Free Chex Mix tastes just like the original Chex mix but is all gluten free. Easy to make and so delicious you just might not want to stop eating it. Perfect for after school snacks, movie night and as a cocktail or bar snack.
We are having a party for the big guy, Dad, this weekend and wanted to put together a snack mix that everyone that was coming could enjoy. Yep, my daughter is coming en famile, and needs her gluten-free goodies. 🙂
This mix tastes almost exactly like the beloved favorite Chex Snack Mix that I had as a child and kids love it. Make sure you use Glutino or other manufacturer that certifies they are gluten-free for the pretzels and spices and you should be good to go. This is also an excellent snack for plane trips since many of the airlines do not cater to those that are gluten-free. Enjoy!
More Quick & Easy Snacks
Chocolate Covered Nuts – are one tasty indulgence and can be made in just a little over an hour. Melt chocolate, stir in nuts, drop on cookie sheets & let set.
Caramel Cashew Popcorn – is totally addictive! Popcorn mixed with cashews gets an extra crunch from a sweet caramel glaze.
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bites – little bites that are chock full of chia seeds, flax seeds, peanut butter & “greens” powder to give you an energy boost and then some.
Love quick & easy recipes? Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest & Twitter for all the latest recipe inspiration! Plus join my email list here and receive a free e-book.
Gluten Free Chex Mix tastes just like the original except it's gluten free! Easy to make & totally addictive! Perfect for movie night & cocktail time.
- 9 cups Gluten free Rice cereal such as Rice Chex
- 1 cup mixed nuts or peanuts (kids love the peanuts!)
- 1 cup gluten free pretzels Glutino is a good choice
- 1 cup Parmesan & Garlic gluten free bagel chips broken into pieces (I used Glutino brand)
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce Lea Perrins is Gluten-Free
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt Use Simply Organic spices which are certified Gluten-Free or Morton Season-All Salt is said to be gluten-free
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder Use Simply Organic Spices or try Durkee/Spice Island or Tones which are said to be gluten-free
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder Use Simply Organic Spices or try Durkee/Spice Island or Tones which are said to be gluten-free
Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
Using a large roasting pan, mix rice cereal, nuts, pretzels and bagel chips together.
In a small saucepan or in microwave, melt butter with seasonings.
Pour over cereal mixture and toss until all is well coated.
Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
Remove and place on paper towels to cool.
Store in airtight container.