We are having a party for the big guy, Dad, this weekend and wanted to put together a snack mix that everyone that was coming could enjoy. Yep, my daughter is coming en famile, and needs her gluten-free goodies. 🙂
This mix tastes almost exactly like the beloved favorite Chex Snack Mix that I had as a child and kids love it. Make sure you use Glutino or other manufacturer that certifies they are gluten-free for the pretzels and spices and you should be good to go. This is also an excellent snack for plane trips since many of the airlines do not cater to those that are gluten-free. Enjoy!
Gluten-Free Chex-Like Snack Mix
- 9 cups Gluten-Free Rice cereal such as Rice Chex
- 1 cup mixed nuts or peanuts (kids love the peanuts!)
- 1 cup Glutino Gluten-Free pretzels
- 1 cup Glutino Parmesan & Garlic Gluten-Free bagel chips, boken into pieces
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (Lea Perrins is Gluten-Free)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt (Use Simply Organic spices which are certified Gluten-Free or Morton Season-All Salt is said to be gluten-free)
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder (Use Simply Organic Spices; or try Durkee/Spice Island or Tones which are said to be gluten-free)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder (Use Simply Organic Spices; or try Durkee/Spice Island or Tones which are said to be gluten-free)
Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
Using a large roasting pan, mix rice cereal, nuts, pretzels and bagel chips together. In a small saucepan or in microwave, melt butter with seasonings. Pour over cereal mixture and toss until all is well coated.
Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove and place on paper towels to cool. Store in airtight container.
Amazon.com carries a great line of Glutino gluten-free products such as Glutino Gluten Free Pretzels, Glutino Parmesan and Garlic Bagel Chips Gluten Free & Glutino Gluten Free Bagel Chips that are perfect for this recipe.