Our Almond Flour Waffles are perfect for both gluten-free & paleo diets. Made with almond flour, eggs & sweetened with honey, they make one tasty breakfast.
Christina, the other Cookin’ Mama, is going to start a gluten-free diet come August and has done quite a bit of research on the best foods to eat and where to purchase them. It is amazing how much is done to the foods we buy everyday without our even being aware of it.
Did you know that much of the gluten-free foods on the shelves in your local grocery store contain highly processed and starchy ingredients like potato starch, corn and soy ingredients, rice flours, and refined sugars!
This recipe is both a gluten-free and paleo recipe for waffles that is much more tasty than the mixes or even homemade wheat or regular flour varieties. It was a surprise to my husband just how much better they tasted.
My tip today has to be that less processed foods without all the carbs of wheat and white flour are so much better for you and not a hard change to make at all!
- 1/2 cup almond flour or almond meal (meal is just a little grainier so I prefer the flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon cinnamon depending on your taste
- Pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Non-stick spray or coconut oil
- Mix all dry ingredients together in medium bowl. Whisk together the eggs, honey and vanilla extract and add to the dry mixture, stirring well.
- Heat waffle maker and spray with non-stick spray. Drop about 1/4 cup of batter onto the hot iron. Cook until browned, about 4 minutes, then top with real maple syrup or yogurt with fruit.
Love waffles? Love banana bread? Check out these delicious banana bread waffles.
Tip: The best waffle maker for the price, and one that I use all the time, is the Presto 03510 FlipSide Waffle Maker. Check it out here on Amazon.com.