Bake up these peanutty, soft & chewy, gluten free peanut butter cookies for a delicious snack. They won’t last long so grab one while you can!
Every once in awhile I get this HUGE craving for peanut butter and today was no exception. What I really wanted was a quick and easy yummy dessert, without a lot of effort, but that was also gluten free. Enter…these flourless and gluten free peanut butter cookies. 🙂
Forgot to make a snack for the kids? (big kids like Dad count too) No worries! These are really easy to whip up and go together in just minutes. All you need are 5 ingredients (I mean who counts salt), creamy peanut butter that is certified gluten-free, brown and granulated sugar, eggs and baking soda. Mix it all up in one bowl, keeping the clean up down to almost nothing (my kind of cookie), and using a small cookie scoop plop it onto a cookie sheet, flatten slightly with the tines of a fork and bake.
By the way, if you don’t have a cookie scoop or two, go buy one. I held out for the longest time but, believe me, I wish I’d gotten one sooner. They save time and energy and all your cookies come out the same size. Great for when you’re making sandwich cookies.
See, what did I tell you, sooooo easy! And delicious! These cookies turn out wonderfully peanutty, soft and chewy, and they go great with milk or coffee or ice cream (just sayin’).
Now I’ve got to warn you, these might not stay around long enough to cool down. They are so yummy and so addictive I have to control myself not to eat them before the kids get home. Once they do, and Dad shows up, they’re gone in a flash. Maybe next time I’ll hide some. Just kidding, maybe. 🙂
If you love peanut butter, we’ve got some other goodies you might want to sink your teeth into. Check out our Peanut Butter & Banana Cookies (another great combo), Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies and Peanut Butter Energy Balls (this one is gluten-free too).
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter, gluten-free variety
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 cookie sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together all ingredients until smooth.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop dough onto prepared cookie sheets, spacing 2".
- You can leave cookies as is or press down with tines of fork in a crisscross pattern, flattening slightly.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Let cookies cool for about 3 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Cookies will deflate slightly as they cool.
If you are on a gluten-free diet, you won’t want to miss our Gluten-free and Loving It! Pinterest board with over 32,000 recipes to choose from.