A tropical mojito with a little more "island" feel. We put the lime in the coconut. added a little pineapple juice and sparkling water and shook it all up. A Pineapple Coconut Mojito that is easy, cool & refreshing!
You put the lime in the coconut & shake it all up! In this case, you add some pineapple too and go all tropical with a Pineapple Coconut Mojito.
Doesn't that sound like just what you need as summer rolls around and the temperatures soar? I don't know about you but in South Florida that time has arrived and this drink just hits the spot!
If you've never tried a mojito, a Cuban rum drink that is made with lots of lime, sugar, and mint, then you are really missing out. Here in South Florida, with our large Cuban population, it is a standard almost anywhere you go but now is your chance to give a similar drink a try at home.
I love making my Cucumber Mojito, sweetened with just a little agave, but this drink puts the tropical in a mojito. It is naturally sweetened with pineapple juice instead of sugar and adds the yummy flavor of coconut to the mix.
So what are you waiting for? Go on, you know you want to give it a try! Have one for me too. Cheers!
More Tropical Drinks to get through the summer
Mango Pina Colada for an extra touch of tropical fruit in a classic drink.
Pina Colada with a touch of lime and float of dark rum.
Watermelon, Lime & Cucumber Cocktail (Firecracker Cocktail) from Creative Culinary
Watermelon Sangria is a refreshing drink with summer melon.
Find the best cocktail recipes here on 2CM!
PINEAPPLE COCONUT MOJITO
- 6- oz can pineapple juice
- ½ cup coconut water
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 4- oz. rum (optional)
- ½ cup La Croix Lime sparkling water
- Garnish: pineapple wedges, cherries
- In a cocktail shaker, combine pineapple juice, coconut water, lime juice and rum. You can either serve over ice immediately or chill in refrigerator until your party starts.
- Fill 2 tall glasses with ice and divide rum mixture evenly. Add ¼ cup sparkling water to each glass. Garnish with a pineapple wedge & a cherry, if desired. If making a pitcher, add sparkling water just before serving.
This post has been updated and was first published on June 8, 2016.