Chill with this easy 5-ingredient cucumber mojito. The perfect cocktail with a subtle taste of cucumber and the bright flavor of fresh limes.
Ever since my vacation in the Florida Keys earlier this year, I have been on a cucumber vodka kick. I had some great cucumber cocktails while on Duval Street, one at the 2¢ Restaurant & Gastro Pub (they have maple-glazed bacon as happy hour bar nibbles – drool) and another at Point5 Lounge, part of nine one five. They were so good I had to try my hand at making them at home.
This recipe was first posted in our local grocer’s circular, and it looked like a good one to try, but there were just a few minor changes I had to make. I added more lime juice, changed out the sugar for agave, and used lime flavored Perrier instead of soda water. It was fabulous if I do say so myself!
- 3- oz. fresh lime juice about 1-1/2 fresh limes
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons agave nectar depending on how sweet you like your drinks
- 12 fresh mint leaves
- 4 to 5- oz cucumber vodka I used Eight Degrees vodka
- Perrier lime flavored sparkling mineral water
- Garnish: lime wedges and cucumber slices
- In a shaker, place lime juice, agave nectar and mint leaves and muddle.
Add vodka and stir.
- Divide between 2 Collins glasses. Add ice then top with Perrier.
- Garnish each glass with a small wedge of lime and a thin slice of cucumber in glass and place a slice of cucumber and sprig of mint on edge of glass.
DON’T MISS A RECIPE!