Chill with this easy 5-ingredient cucumber mojito. The perfect cocktail with a subtle taste of cucumber, a hint of mint, and the bright flavor of fresh limes.
Ever since my vacation in the Florida Keys earlier this year, I have been on a cucumber vodka kick. I had some great cucumber cocktails while on Duval Street, one at the 2¢ Restaurant & Gastro Pub (they have maple-glazed bacon as happy hour bar nibbles - drool) and another at Point5 Lounge, part of nine one five. They were so good I had to try my hand at making them at home.
This recipe was first posted in our local grocer's circular, and it looked like a good one to try, but there were just a few minor changes I had to make.
I added more lime juice, changed out the sugar for agave, and used lime flavored Perrier instead of soda water. It was fabulous if I do say so myself!
Frequently Asked Questions about Vodka
Why is vodka a good choice for summer?
No liquor is more versatile as a mixer. Since it is neutral in taste, it can be mixed with anything that you find refreshing for summer such as fruit juices and sodas.
Can you drink alcohol on a keto diet?
Yes. Most pure alcoholic beverages are contain low amounts of carbohydrates particularly wine, whiskey, vodka, rum, gin and tequila. To keep them low carb, mix with seltzer, sparkling soda, diet soda or tonic water.
Is vodka gluten-free?
Some vodkas are gluten-free. Those vodkas be made from potatoes, corn or grapes are naturally gluten-free while those made from wheat are not. Some of the popular brands that are gluten-free are Titos, Crystal Head, Ciroc and Chopin.
More Refreshing Vodka Cocktails for Summer
Vodka Limeade - starts with limeade concentrate then add a splash of OJ, vodka & mint.
Island Breeze - based on the classic Sea Breeze but with blood orange in lieu of grapefruit juice.
Vodka Sunrise - a combination of lemon soda, vodka and a touch of cherry juice.
Cucumber Cocktail - is a refreshing summer drink with fresh cucumber, lime, mint, vodka, and prosecco.
Find lots of easy cocktail recipes here on 2CM!
- 3 oz. fresh lime juice about 1-½ fresh limes
- 1 to 1-½ teaspoons agave nectar depending on how sweet you like your drinks
- 12 fresh mint leaves
- 4 - 5 oz cucumber vodka I used Eight Degrees vodka
- Perrier lime flavored sparkling mineral water
- Garnish: lime wedges and cucumber slices
- In a shaker, place lime juice, agave nectar and mint leaves and muddle.
- Add vodka and stir.
- Divide between 2 Collins glasses. Add ice then top with Perrier.
- Garnish each glass with a small wedge of lime and a thin slice of cucumber in glass and place a slice of cucumber and sprig of mint on edge of glass.
This post has been updated and was first published on August 30, 2015.
DON'T MISS A RECIPE!