Strawberry Avocado Salsa is a deliciously bright, summery salsa that’s the perfect blend of creamy avocado, sweet strawberries and spicy jalapenos. It takes just 10 minutes and 5 ingredients to make this healthy dip for your next party, picnic or barbecue. Add in sweet Cinnamon Tortilla Chips and it’s so good you won’t want to stop eating it til it’s gone!
OMG! I made this Strawberry Avocado Salsa this past weekend and was practically swooning with delight after each bite. And eating it on our back porch while enjoying the warm sun and cool breeze just made it all the more delicious. I combined mine with homemade crispy cinnamon tortilla chips and the flavor explosion was incredible!
I love my berries and, next to blueberries, strawberries are one of my all time favorites. So when strawberries roll into town with special prices I am not going to pass them up. Now I can eat strawberries just as is til they run out my ears (well that’s not a pleasant picture – lol) and I absolutely adore avocados, so pairing them seemed like a match made in heaven.
I love making salsas that you can not only use as dips but ones you can use as flavorful toppings for entrees too. Similar to my Mango Salsa I use for chicken and my Pineapple Salsa I spoon over fish, this Strawberry Avocado Salsa can be a simple appetizer or a topping for chicken and fish. I bet it would even be tasty tossed in a quinoa salad with a bit of feta cheese too. And the best part – it’s soooo easy!
This salsa takes just 10 minutes start to finish. It’s just a matter of chopping avocados, tomatoes, strawberries, cilantro and jalapeno and tossing them all together with a little lime juice. That’s it! Of course, if you are making the cinnamon tortilla chips too, an additional 20 minutes is all you need. The chips can be made a day ahead too and stored in an airtight container, making them the perfect party addition.
Believe me, once you taste this deliciously healthy dip you won’t be able to stop eating it! I would advise you to make a double batch because it will be gone before you know it! Enjoy!
More recipes to enjoy with fresh salsa
Peach Cherry Salsa – The perfect mix of fresh peaches, cherries, red pepper, jalapeno and cilantro to top everything from pork to salmon to chicken
Mango Salsa with Chicken – a tropical topping of mangoes, peppers, tomatoes, tequila and cilantro is the perfect foil for grilled chicken
Pineapple Salsa with Mahi Mahi – the perfect combination of smoky, sweet and tangy
Love quick & easy recipes? Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest & Twitter for all the latest recipe inspiration! Plus join my email list here and receive a free e-book.
Strawberry Avocado Salsa with Cinnamon Tortilla Chips
- 2 avocados, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups strawberries, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped (optional)
- 1/8-1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2-1 jalapeno, seeded & chopped (depending on heat desired)
- 1-2 Tablespoons lime juice (juice of 1 lime)
- 3/8 teaspoon salt
Cinnamon Tortilla Chips
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 small white or whole wheat flour tortillas (use gluten free tortillas if needed)
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients for salsa in a bowl and toss gently.
Cinnamon Tortilla Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brush each tortilla with vegetable oil.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon together.
- Sprinkle each tortilla generously with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Cut each tortilla into 8 wedges with a pizza cutter or sharp knife.
- Arrange on cookie sheet(s) in a single layer.
- Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes or as much as 20 minutes, depending on thickness of tortillas, until crisp.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool, and store in an airtight container.