Grilled mahi mahi is a quick & easy dinner that is both delicious and healthy! When the mahi mahi’s grilled smoky taste is paired with our fresh, sweet & tangy pineapple salsa, it puts this meal over-the-top. Great served with rice, couscous or quinoa.
Grilled Mahi Mahi
Grilling out is our favorite way of cooking here in South Florida. And we are so lucky because we can do it all year long. We always have to laugh because it seems whenever we say aloud that we are going to grill that evening it rains. Coincidence? I don’t think so!
Grilling is also the best way to fix all the fresh Florida fish that are available to us. It’s not only healthier to cook on the grill but lends that tasty smoky flavor to the fish. We like to grill just about anything we can get down here, salmon is our favorite like in these awesome fish tacos, then there’s Key West pinks, that’s shrimp to you, for our shrimp and chorizo skewers, not to mention grilled lobster, which we used to dive for when lobster season was open.
Today’s recipe has one of the most popular and prolific fish in our Florida waters, mahi mahi, or dolphin. And no, it’s not the Flipper kind on dolphin. I can remember when that was my kids first question when I served it. 🙂
It’s a mild fish and very flaky and works well with many types of toppings but our favorite is always pineapple salsa. It’s made fresh, has a nice sweet but slightly tangy taste, and just enhances the overall flavor of the fish.
So, what are you waiting for? It’s the perfect night for grilling and you only need 15 minutes to marinate the fish and you’re ready to go. A quick and easy meal that makes the perfect weeknight dinner. Serve with rice or quinoa and a side ear of corn. Enjoy!
Love to Grill? More Easy Recipes That You’ll Love
Grilled Salmon with Cucumber Salsa from 2 Cookin Mamas
Rosemary Garlic Chicken Kabobs from Pinch and Swirl
Rosemary Basil Grilled Lamb Chops from 2 Cookin Mamas
Love quick & easy recipes? Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest & Twitter for all the latest recipe inspiration! Plus join my email list here and receive our free Awesome Appetizers e-book.
GRILLED MAHI MAHI with PINEAPPLE SALSA
- 2 mahi mahi fillets, about 6-oz. each
- 1/2 cup milk (almond milk works fine too or a combination of 1/4 cup milk & 3 Tablespoons lime juice
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 recipe pineapple salsa
- Garnish: cilantro (optional)
- Place mahi mahi in a plastic zippered storage bag. Add enough milk to cover and seal. Place in refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
- Remove fish and discard milk. Season with salt & pepper.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place mahi mahi on grill and cook for 4-5 minutes per side.
- Place fish on platter and spoon pineapple salsa over each fillet. Serve with additional salsa on the side.