This easy to make White Wine Spritzer is the perfect Valentine’s Day cocktail! A light & bubbly mix of Pinot Grigio, orange liqueur, Prosecco & a few raspberries and you’ll be in the pink. Share it with someone you love.
White Wine Cocktail
Want the perfect Valentine cocktail? This light white wine spritzer is perfect to add to the occasion. Not only is this valentine drink easy to make but, with the addition of the raspberries, turns pink to match the holiday. It’s one of the best pink drinks for Valentine’s Day!
I used Pinot Grigio, Prosecco, and Grand Marnier for this white wine spritzer recipe. However, Sauvignon Blanc or Riesling, sparkling water, and Cointreau can also be substituted for this Valentine’s Day cocktail if you happen to have those on hand. It’s really a tasty way to enjoy wine for Valentine’s Day!
What is a wine spritzer?
A wine spritzer is a wine-based drink made with white or red wine and carbonated water, club soda or sparkling mineral water. Usually the ratio is three parts wine to one part carbonated water. White wine spritzers generally use Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling or a Pinot Grigio. For red wine spritzers, a Pinot Noir or Grenache is preferred.
I love serving cocktails that fit the occasion. I am usually a straight up wine drinker but love to try new concoctions from time to time. Of course, when our vacation to the Florida Keys comes around, I am all for a Tropical Pina Colada, Margarita on the Rocks, and Bay Breeze!
But for a heavier meal, say surf & turf, and a beautiful decadent dessert, I think this lighter white wine cocktail would fit the bill.
How to make a White Wine Spritzer
The ingredients to this lovely, light and pink cocktail are simple. Pinot Grigio, or your favorite somewhat sweet wine, Prosecco or sparkling water, Grand Marnier and a few raspberries for color.
- Pour white wine into carafe. (photo 1)
- Add prosecco, champagne or sparkling water. (photo 2)
- Drizzle in a little Grand Marnier for a slight orangey flavor and stir. (photo 3)
- Divide between two glasses and drop in some red raspberries because, after all, it’s Valentine’s Day! And, if the raspberries are frozen, all the better, to keep the cocktail nice and chilled. (photo 4)
This Valentines cocktail can be made in one of two ways. I prefer the prosecco myself but carbonated water or seltzer makes the drink a little less potent. If you opt for the carbonated water, La Croix makes a great lemon or lime flavor but also has a cran-raspberry flavor which is delicious.
Whichever way you fix this pink wine spritzer, I am sure you will love the bubbly, delicious result! Enjoy!
More Valentine’s Day Deliciousness
Decadent Valentines’s Day Desserts to make for your special sweetheart.
Heart Shaped Cookies decorated with royal icing.
Chocolate Covered Heart Shaped Strawberries from Walking on Sunshine
Chocolate Meringue Cookies dipped in white chocolate are light as air.
Raspberry Lime Rickey made with vodka and fresh raspberries.
Find lots more holiday cocktail recipes here on 2CM!
Love quick & easy recipes? Follow me on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest for all the latest recipe inspiration! Plus join my email list for the latest recipes and receive a free e-book.
Valentine's Day White Wine Spritzer
- 1 cup Pinot Grigio
- 3/4 cup Prosecco, champagne or lemon-lime carbonated water
- 1 oz. Grand Marnier or Cointreau
- Raspberries, frozen ones work perfectly
- Mix all of the above in a pitcher and divide evenly between two flutes or wine glasses. Add several raspberries to each. Toast and sip!
- Replace Pinot Grigio with Sauvignon Blanc or Riesling
- Opt for champagne, sparkling water or club soda for Prosecco
- Switch out Grand Marnier for Cointreau
This post has been updated and was first published on February 12, 2016.