Leftover corned beef is never a problem when this easy Air Fryer Corned Beef Hash and Eggs breakfast is in your repertoire. Chop corned beef, potatoes, and onion then air fry for 10 minutes. Add eggs for 3 minutes and breakfast is served. Easy to make and super simple to clean up. You'll swear corned beef tastes better the second time around.
Air Fryer Corned Beef Hash Breakfast
I'm so looking forward to enjoying my Corned Beef with Beer for dinner for St. Patrick's Day, aren't you? All that moist and salty corned beef mixed with potatoes and carrots. Yum! I'm also dreaming of all the delicious dishes I can make with the leftovers too.
I know, you're probably thinking, leftovers, who has leftovers? Well, with only two of us in the house now, one corned beef goes a long way. Just think, there's corned beef sandwiches, Ruebens, Corned Beef and Cabbage Soup, and this deliciously easy corned beef hash breakfast.
This corned beef hash recipe only needs corned beef, the potatoes you cooked with it, some chopped onions, and eggs. And the best way to make it crispy and delicious is to cook it in an air fryer. Just wait until you try it!
It's also pretty tasty if you add a little bacon fat to cook it in. What, you don't save your bacon grease in a jar in the freezer?! You should! It flavors all sorts of wonderful dishes and makes fried eggs a real standout.
And wait until you take a bite! Yummm! I just love when all those toasty corned beef and potato bits get covered with the slightly runny egg yolk. It's what breakfast dreams are made of.
What is Corned Beef Hash
Hash is a mixture of foods that have been cut into small pieces, usually meat, in this case, cooked corned beef, potatoes, and some seasoning.
It was first introduced in the 18th century, earlier in the UK, and was very popular during WWII when food was rationed. It was an easy way to repurpose their leftovers.
Tips for the best corned beef hash
- Dice the potatoes so they are all the same size to that they cook uniformly
- Cook the hash in bacon fat for even more flavor
- Make sure the eggs are room temperature by leaving them out on the counter for about 20 minutes. This will ensure they cook quickly.
Bacon Fat - lends flavor to the hash but you can also use avocado oil or a vegetable oil
Corned Beef - dice the corned beef to allow the meat to crisp up as it air fries
Potatoes - dice the potatoes from your Instant Pot dinner or use diced refrigerated potatoes. Another alternative is to parboil diced raw potatoes in a little of the corned beef liquid prior to adding them to the air fryer.
Onions - chop them small to cook and crisp faster. You can use either sweet or regular onions, whichever you prefer
Eggs - I like to use large eggs. You can air fry them until just the whites are cooked through and the yolk is runny (the best way) or cook a little longer for a firmer egg.
How to Make Corned Beef Hash with Eggs
Spray a cake pan, one that is at least 1" smaller in diameter than your air fryer, and spray with oil. You want some space around the outside of the pan so it allows the air to flow up and around it to cook the hash. In my case, I made a circular pan with some aluminum foil as I didn't have a cake pan to fit my smaller fryer.
- Place 1-2 tablespoons of bacon grease in the pan along with all the cut up ingredients. Spread them out evenly.
- Cook the corned beef hash at 390 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Make 2 wells and crack an egg into each of the wells. One important factor here is that the eggs should be at room temperature. You can either leave it out on the counter for 20 minutes or place it in a warm cup of water for 5 minutes.
- Place the basket back in the air fryer and cook at 370 degrees for about 3-4 minutes depending on how well you like your egg yolks cooked. You are looking for over-easy doneness. Note that the eggs will get covered with a light white film but the yolk underneath will still be loose.
That's it! Your mouth will be watering long before you take this delicious air fryer corned beef hash and eggs breakfast out of the air fryer! The crispy potatoes and hash are the perfect complement to the sunny-side-up egg and a hearty and filling meal. You can serve it alone or with a side of toast and sliced fruit. Enjoy!
Potato - exchange regular potatoes for diced sweet potatoes
Vegetables - add chopped bell pepper for more color, crunch, and earthiness
No leftover corned beef – np – just ask the deli to cut corned beef in thick slices then dice
Other meats - substitute the corned beef for leftover meats like steak, ham, sausage, or chicken
Cheese - when the eggs are done just place your favorite cheese on top and let it sit for a minute in the air fryer to melt. Cheddar is a great option here.
Spice it up - add a bit of Worcestershire sauce for flavor and cayenne pepper, horseradish, or red pepper flakes for a little heat
Other Recipes for St. Patrick's Day
- Irish Soda Bread made with no yeast, no kneading, and only 5 ingredients.
- Skillet Shepherd's Pie with ground beef, vegetables, potatoes, and gravy for a complete meal.
- Corned Beef Cabbage Turnovers from Recipe Girl
- No Bake Grasshopper Pie is a lovely green mint pie with an Oreo cookie crust.
More Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fried Pork Chops flavored with spices are moist and delicious.
Filet Mignon in the Air Fryer - is a quick and easy way to cook a juicy, tender steak in ten minutes.
Air Fryer Fish Cakes made with tuna are great for breakfast or dinner.
Find more easy air fryer recipes here on 2CM!
LOVE QUICK & EASY RECIPES? FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK, & PINTEREST FOR ALL THE LATEST RECIPE INSPIRATION! PLUS JOIN MY EMAIL LIST AND RECEIVE A FREE E-BOOK.
Air Fryer Corned Beef Hash and Eggs
- 1-2 Tablespoons bacon fat (or your preferred oil)
- 1 ¼ cups cooked corned beef cubed
- 1 ¼ cups cooked potatoes cubed or refrigerated diced potatoes
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Spray a cake pan that is slightly smaller than your air fryer basket with nonstick spray. You can also make a pan out of aluminum foil.
- Place bacon fat in bottom and all remaining ingredients. Season to taste. Stir to mix.
- Place cake pan in air fryer basket and slide into place. Cook for 10 minutes at 390 degrees.
- Remove air fryer basket and place on a pot holder. Make 2 wells in the corned beef hash mixture.
- Crack an egg into each one. Note: make sure that the egg is at room temperature so that it gets cooked thoroughly. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place basket back into air fryer and set to 370 degrees. Cook for 3-4 minutes depending on how well done you like your yolks. I like mine on the order of a sunny-side up egg so the 3-4 minutes is perfect. If you want your egg more done, continue cooking, checking every 30 seconds so the egg does not overcook. You will notice a white film develop over the top of the egg but the yolk underneath will still be somewhat runny.
- Scoop out one egg and the corned beef hash around it with a large spoon and plate. Repeat with remaining egg and hash for second serving.
This post has been updated with new photos and more information. It was first published on March 17, 2019.