Leftover corned beef is never a problem when this easy Air Fryer Corned Beef Hash Breakfast is in your repertoire. Chop corned beef, potatoes and onion and air fry for 10 minutes. Add eggs for 3 minutes and breakfast is served. Easy to make and super simple to clean up. You’ll swear corned beef tastes better the second time around.
Air Fryer Corned Beef Hash Breakfast
I’m so looking forward to enjoying my Corned Beef with Beer for dinner tonight, aren’t you? All that moist and salty corned beef mixed with potatoes and carrots. Yum! I’m also dreaming of all the delicious dishes I can make with the leftovers too.
I know, you’re probably thinking, leftovers, who has leftovers? Well, with only two of us in the house now, one corned beef goes a long way. But, I like the leftovers so much, that even if I had a large family, I’d make sure I bought a big enough one to still have some corned beef leftover.
Just think, there’s corned beef sandwiches, Ruebens, Corned Beef and Cabbage Soup, more sandwiches, and this delicious, quick and easy breakfast hash. All you need is corned beef, the potatoes you cooked with it, some chopped onions, and eggs.
It’s also pretty tasty if you add a little bacon fat to cook it in. What, you don’t save your bacon grease in a jar in the freezer? You should! It flavors all sorts of wonderful dishes and makes fried eggs a real standout. Now, back to the recipe.
How to make Corned Beef Hash with Eggs
- First gather your ingredients and give them a nice dice.
Spray a cake pan, one that is at least 1″ smaller in diameter than your air fryer, with some nonstick spray. You want the space around the outside so it allows the air to flow up and around it to cook the hash. In my case, I made a circular pan with some aluminum foil as I didn’t have a cake pan to fit my smaller fryer.
- Place 1-2 tablespoons of bacon grease in the pan along with all the cut up ingredients. Spread them out evenly.
- Cook the hash at 390 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Make 2 wells and crack an egg into each of the wells. One important factor here is that the eggs should be at room temperature. You can either leave it out on the counter for 20 minutes or place it in a warm cup of water for 5 minutes.
- Place the tray back in the air fryer and cook at 370 degrees for about 3-4 minutes depending on how well you like your egg yolks cooked. You are looking for over-easy doneness. Note that the eggs will get covered with a light white film but the yolk underneath will still be loose.
That’s it! A delicious corned beef hash breakfast, that can be served as is to fit a Whole30 or gluten-free diet, or add rye toast and tomato or fruit for a more hearty meal.
Now take a bite. Ummm! I just love when all those toasty corned beef and potato bits get covered with egg yolk. It’s what breakfast dreams are made of. Enjoy & Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
Other Recipes for St. Patrick’s Day
- Irish Soda Bread made with no yeast, no kneading, and only 5 ingredients.
- Skillet Shepherd’s Pie with ground beef, vegetables, potatoes, and gravy for a complete meal.
- Corned Beef Cabbage Turnovers from Recipe Girl
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fried Pork Chops flavored with spices are moist and delicious.
- Air Fryer Fish Cakes made with tuna are great for breakfast or dinner.
Find more healthy air fryer recipes here on 2CM!
Love quick & easy recipes? Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest & Twitter for all the latest recipe inspiration! Plus join my email list here and receive a free e-book.
Air Fryer Corned Beef Hash Breakfast
- 1-2 Tablespoons bacon fat (or your preferred oil)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked corned beef cubed
- 1 1/2 cups cooked potatoes cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- Spray a cake pan that is slightly smaller than your air fryer basket with nonstick spray.
- Place bacon fat in bottom and all remaining ingredients. Stir to mix.
- Place cake pan in air fryer basket and slide into place. Cook for 10 minutes at 390 degrees.
- Remove air fryer basket and place on a pot holder. Make 2 wells in the hash mixture.
- Crack an egg into each one. Note: make sure that the egg is room temperature so that it gets cooked through.
- Place basket back into air fryer and set to 370 degrees. Cook for 3-4 minutes depending on how well done you like your yolks. I like mine on the order of a the sunny-side up egg so the 3-4 minutes is perfect. Check every 30 seconds so the egg does not overcook. You will notice a white film develop over the top of the egg but the yolk underneath will still be somewhat runny.
- Scoop out hash and egg with a large spoon and plate with rye toast and either tomatoes or fruit.
This post has been updated and was first published on March 17, 2019.