Do you love the taste of a good hot dog in a bun with all your favorite toppings? These Air Fryer Hot Dogs are over the top delicious and so easy to make that you'll be making them whenever the family asks. Perfect for a quick dinner served with french fries and baked beans.
This recipe for air fry hot dogs was so easy I almost didn't write a post about it. But, since it's become one of our favorite quick and easy dinners, and it's soooo yummy, I just had to do it. And wait until you taste these delicious dogs! If you're like me, whenever my family asks for hot dogs I always say yes now. I know the dinner will be popular, I'll be out of the kitchen quick, and there's hardly any cleanup when I'm done.
Table of contents
My Cosori Air Fryer has become my favorite appliance. I can cook anything in it I would normally cook in the oven or on the grill in a much shorter time and less fuss. Dishes like my Air Fryer Pork Chops, Air Fryer Salmon, and now, these air fryer hot dogs. I'm never at a loss anymore for quick and easy weeknight dinners.
Great air fryers to cook hot dogs in
- Cosori Air Fryer
- Ninja Foodie and Ninja Air Fryer
- Power XL Air Fryer
- Instant Pot Air Fryer
Can I cook frozen hot dogs in the air fryer?
And the best part about this air fryer hot dogs recipe- you can even cook frozen hot dogs! Yep, even if you forgot to thaw them earlier in the day, it's no problem. Just cut a lengthwise slit in the top of the hot dog to allow steam to escape (you definitely don't want exploding hot dogs to ruin your day) and cook the same as directed in the recipe below. Easy peasy!
How to cook hot dogs in the air fryer
- All you need are hot dogs and buns for this easy lunch or dinner.
- Preheat air fryer for 5 minutes then spray basket and lay hot dogs inside. Make sure to leave space around them to brown.
- Cook hot dogs for 5 minutes at 390 degrees.
- Carefully remove hot dogs with tongs and place in soft, fresh hot dog buns.
- Place back in air fryer and cook for an additional 2 minutes at 390 degrees.
- Voila! Toasty buns and sizzling, plump hot dogs.
Juicy hot dogs, nicely browned on the outside, nestled in toasty buns, all add up to one delicious dinner. Of course, they're great for game time, poolside snacks or when the kids want something different to eat than the grown-ups. I like to serve mine with French fries, coleslaw and baked beans. Enjoy!
More air fryer recipes
Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan takes only 30 minutes, with no frying needed, and comes out crispy and juicy with plenty of stretchy cheese just like if you had baked it.
Easy Air Fryer Tuna Patties only needs a can of tuna and 20 minutes to be on your dinner table.
Smoky Air Fryer Ribs from Recipes from a Pantry are easy to make, tender and flavorful and all in less than 30 minutes.
Air Fryer Filet Mignon is perfect for a rainy day when grilling just won't work. 10 minutes in the air fryer creates a juicy, medium-rare steak that is just mouthwatering.
Find more quick and easy air fryer recipes on 2CM.
Air Fryer Hot Dogs
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 hot dog rolls
- Condiments: ketchup mustard, relish
- Preheat air fryer for 5 minutes at 390 degrees.
- Spray basket with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place hot dogs in basket, leaving room around them for good air circulation.
- Air fry for 5 minutes.
- Open air fryer and place each hot dog in a bun and place back into basket.
- Air fry for an additional 2 minutes to crisp up the buns and finish cooking the hot dogs.
- Carefully remove each hot dog and bun with tongs, top with your favorite condiments then dig in.