This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Be the Best You available at Publix. The opinions and text are all mine.
This delicious Cherry Vanilla Smoothie Swirl will become your new favorite breakfast treat. The rich flavors of sweet cherries and smooth vanilla are swirled together in a thick, filling “eat it with a spoon to get every drop” smoothie. Full of protein, potassium, antioxidants and healthy fats, it’s the best way to “be the best you”, you can be.
Springtime is here and summer is around the corner, which means plenty of shorts and bathing suit weather. So, I’m stepping up my game and putting the pedal to the metal to be ready. I love to start out the day with a workout and a breakfast that will fuel me through the morning. And, if you’re like me, I always feel better when I eat the right foods. That includes starting my day with a “good for me” smoothie!
This Cherry Vanilla Smoothie Swirl is reminiscent of cherry vanilla ice cream but without the guilt! It has a balance of protein from Fage® yogurt, potassium from bananas, antioxidants from cherries and good-for-you fats from almond butter. There is also the option of adding protein powder, such as Olly® Protein Powder, and topping with sliced almonds and fresh fruit. Of course, you could also go the Cherry Garcia route and add a few chocolate chips to the mix too. 😊 Just sayin’!
Putting the right things in my body is important to me and shopping at Publix gives me the choices I need to be the best I can be. Publix has been my go-to grocery store for over 30 years and has never disappointed me.
During their “Be the Best You” campaign, you can save over $65 on some of the best products that you use every day. Check out the selection here which includes my smoothie ingredients of thick and creamy Fage yogurt, Almond Breeze® Almondmilk and Olly Protein Powder. The savings runs from 5/18/19 to 6/15/16 so there’s plenty of time to pick up all the savings you need at your local Publix.
Frequently asked questions about smoothies
Do I have to add ice to smoothies?
No, you don’t. You can use frozen fruit to add that extra thickness in place of the ice.
What else can be added to smoothies?
Dark leafy greens such as spinach and kale can be added for extra vitamins and fiber, while nuts, seeds and berries make great toppings. You can also sub avocado for yogurt and achieve the same creamy smooth texture.
How long will a smoothie keep?
I like to make mine just before I drink it, but you can make it up to 24 hours ahead of time and it will still be OK.
Can a smoothie be frozen?
Sure thing! Just blend it then pour into a mason jar, cover and freeze. When ready to eat just leave the jar on the counter for several hours to defrost.
Pro-Tip: Add liquid and yogurt first to blender, followed by powders and sweeteners. Top with greens, soft ingredients, nuts and seed then frozen or hard ingredients. This will prevent frozen fruit from getting caught in the blades.
Easy Steps for a Thick & Rich Cherry Vanilla Smoothie Swirl
- Combine almond milk, yogurt, vanilla extract, almond butter, protein powder and frozen banana. Blend until smooth.
- Remove ⅓ of smoothie and set aside.
- Add frozen cherries to remainder and blend again until smooth.
- Divide cherry smoothie equally between 2 glasses.
- Rinse blender cup and pour vanilla smoothie back in. Add another ½ frozen banana or ice and blend. Add more ice for a thicker smoothie.
- Pour on top of cherry smoothie.
- Swirl with long spoon.
- Garnish with desired toppings.
More delicious smoothie recipes:
Peach Pie Smoothie from 2 Cookin Mamas
Mango Orange Protein Smoothie from 2 Cookin Mamas
Sunshine Smoothie from 2 Cookin Mamas
Love quick & easy recipes? Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest & Twitter for all the latest recipe inspiration! Plus join my email list here and receive a free e-book.
Cherry Vanilla Smoothie Swirl
- ½ cup AlmondBreeze Almondmilk
- 1 frozen banana sliced
- 5.3 oz Fage Greek yogurt plain
- 2 Tablespoons almond butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen dark sweet cherries
- ½ frozen banana sliced or handful of ice until desired thickness
- Combine all smoothie base ingredients in blender or blender cup.
- Blend until smooth.
- Take ⅓-1/2 of mixture and save to the side.
- Add cherries to the remaining smoothie base mixture and blend again.
- Divide Cherry Smoothie evenly between 2 tall slim glasses.
- Clean out the blender cup and add remaining smoothie base back in.
- Add either ½ frozen banana or a handful of ice and blend until smooth.
- Pour on top of cherry smoothie mixture, dividing evenly between glasses.
- Give it a nice swirl.
- Top with chopped fruits, nuts, granola and/or chocolate chips.