Dream of the islands with a margarita smoothie based on the cocktail. Lime, lemon & orange juice mixed with Greek yogurt turn this cocktail into a delicious breakfast drink!
Trying to be a little healthy on vacation, SAY WHAT? Yep, I did say trying right? But what is being in Margaritaville (Key West) without a few
At least I can start my day off right with a delicious margarita smoothie even though the rest of the day and evening will be full of cheeseburgers in paradise, tropical pina colada, and the real deal margaritas. 🙂
This smoothie can be made either with or without a frozen banana, just add more ice for a thicker, more slushie drink.
I added Greek yogurt and protein powder to make it a more balanced healthy smoothie even though it gives the margarita a little creamier taste.
Give it a try and let me know if it makes you dream of islands and palm trees.
Wish you were here!
Try my Key Lime Smoothie for another tropical treat.
Find lots more healthy smoothie recipes here on 2CM!
- ⅓ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 oz Key Lime Greek yogurt (look for reduced fat variety, I like Chobani Simply 100)
- 3-4 Tablespoons agave nectar, sweeten to taste
- ½-1 frozen banana (optional)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)
- Ice to thicken
- Add all ingredients to blender except ice.
- Puree until smooth then add enough ice to bring it to desired consistency.
This post has been updated and was first published on April 22, 2016.