This Mango Orange Smoothie has all the fresh flavors of summer in a glass. Mangos, orange juice and bananas are blended with peanut butter and protein powder to bring you the perfect get-in-shape smoothie for summer!
Summer in Florida means that all my mango and banana trees are producing more than the family can eat. Or for that matter, more than we can share with the neighborhood!
So learning to freeze the fruit from our trees is a necessity and one that we love because it means fresh fruit throughout the year. And this year is no exception!
I hope you'll join me often to see all of the delicious fresh fruit recipes that will be coming your way.
I think the first place I ever had a mango was when I was doing some work in the Philippines. Our hosts would serve slices of mango as a treat during the day to keep everyone cool and boost flagging energy. They are still some of the best mangos I've ever eaten!
So my husband and I planted a mango tree. And I do believe that our Florida mangos are super delicious too and come in a close second to the Philippine variety.
Needless to say, you can also use them in smoothies, hence today's recipe. This Mango Orange Protein Smoothie is full of ripe and delicious Florida fresh fruit as well as peanut butter and protein powder.
If you like, yogurt can be subbed for protein powder for a change of pace.
This smoothie, whether in a glass or bowl, brings a whole lotta healthy to your day. Just look at the impressive breakdown of just how good it is below.
Peanuts/Natural Peanut Butter
- Rich in monosaturated fats that reduce cardiovascular disease
- Good source of Vitamin E, B-complex & folate
- A niacin-rich food that helps protect against Alzheimer's
- Rich in antioxidants & fiber •Contains 25% protein
- Rich in potassium which aids in lowering blood pressure
- Good source of Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, manganese, niacin & folate
- Provides antioxidants & dietary fiber
- Reduces the risk of kidney stones
- Rich in Vitamin C which boosts the immune system
- Good source of Vitamin A which improves eye health
- High in antioxidants to help prevent cancer
- High in dietary fiber to aid digestion
- Help fight heat stroke
- One of the highest sources of Vitamin C which can boost the immune system & help protect against cancer
- Good source of folate which aids in boosting metabolism
- Antioxidant properties also help reduce inflammation thereby protecting the heart
- Reduces signs of aging
- Source of high-quality protein which helps promote the growth of lean tissue mass
- Protein found in whey powder is easily digestible
- Helps prevent age-related muscle loss
- Aids in moderating blood sugar levels
Don't you feel better already? 🙂
So go get that blender out and whip yourself up this healthy and powerful smoothie to start your day. It only takes a few minutes and will have you feeling good about yourself all day! Enjoy!
More Smoothie Recipes
Peach Smoothie is a healthy way to enjoy peach pie in a glass.
Mixed Berry Smoothie Bowl with Dragon Fruit from Salt & Lavender
Key Lime Smoothie with all the delicious flavors of the classic pie.
Pineapple Banana Smoothie with Cucumber is a refreshing drink to enjoy for breakfast or a snack.
Orange Creamsicle Smoothie has all the flavor of the frozen treat in a glass.
Find lots of healthy smoothie recipes here on 2CM!
Mango Orange Protein Smoothie
- 1 frozen mango chopped
- 1 frozen banana sliced
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons peanut butter or almond butter
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder or 5-oz vanilla yogurt (make it soy or almond based yogurt for a non-dairy treat)
- Handful ice optional
- Place all ingredients in Ninja blender (or your favorite blender).
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into glass. Garnish with mango slice, orange slice and a sprig of mint.
This post has been updated and was first published on April 9, 2017.