Our Tropical Coconut Smoothie is an energy boosting, healthy smoothie with all the flavors of the islands. Think coconut, pineapple, banana & limes. And it all goes together in about 5 minutes! Yum!
Tropical Coconut Smoothie
A tropical coconut smoothie is exactly what I want right about now! Why? Because as you are reading this I am relaxing on a white sugar sand beach on the gulf shores of beautiful Carillon Beach and a tropical smoothie sounds like just the thing. Don't you wish you were here?
This smoothie, whether in a glass or bowl, is a great way to start my day. It gives me a healthy boost of protein, calcium and fiber while allowing me to not feel too guilty when I want to eat or drink all the other goodies that the northern Florida panhandle has to offer. You know like Bushwackers, Fish Tacos, Crab Cakes and oysters. You can stay tuned to my Instagram for up-to-the-minute photos of all the deliciousness.
How to make this healthy delicious smoothie.
So whip this up tomorrow morning and feel great all day! And it's OK to let your imagination run wild for a bit and dream of tropical islands and beaches. Ahhh!
TROPICAL COCONUT SMOOTHIE
- 6 oz coconut-flavored Greek yogurt (1 container)
- ½ frozen banana, sliced
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- 2 key limes, zested & juiced (or about 1-½ Tablespoons key lime juice)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon almond butter (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- 1 + cup ice
- Garnish: toasted coconut, pineapple slices, almond slices, banana slices
- Place all ingredients up to ice in blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add ice and blend again. Keep adding ice until you reach the thickness desired.
- Pour into bowl or glass and garnish as desired.