If you love Thai flavors and can't get enough of pizza then this Thai Chicken Pizza is for you! Think chicken flavored with sesame oil and tossed in peanut sauce, then scattered with bean sprouts, carrots, onion and peanuts and finally topped with loads of mozzarella cheese. It's always a hit in our house!
I have a love affair with Thai food. I love the fresh flavors, crunchy vegetables and how quick and easy most dishes are to make. I think I fell in love with their food, and especially their dishes with peanut sauce, while traveling extensively throughout Asia.
I also have a love affair with pizza! I mean, who doesn't love pizza? You can tell by the myriad kinds I've already made like my Double Cheeseburger Pizza, BBQ Pulled Pork Pizza and 3-Pepper Pizza. And, if you're anything like me, the pizza has to have a nice thin crispy crust and plenty of toppings too.
While visiting California Pizza Kitchen recently, I tried their Thai Chicken Pizza. It was awesome! All the flavors of Thai dishes that I love all atop one pizza! I was in seventh heaven! Unfortunately, I can't go out to the restaurant every time I want one so I decided to try making one at home.
I came pretty close to their version and in some ways, being freshly put together, it was even better. And I can add more of what we like best too, like chopped peanuts and cilantro. 🙂
So if you're feeling like a Thai-Italian tonight, then this pizza is calling your name. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
Copycat Thai Chicken Pizza
Peanut Sauce (only half will be used, the remaining will make a great dip)
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoons ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup soy sauce or Tamari for gluten-free diets
- 1 Tablespoon chili sauce
- ½-3/4 cup coconut milk until smooth desired consistency is reached
- ½ lb. chicken breasts chopped
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 fresh pizza dough
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 small sweet onions, cut in thin rings then halved
- ¼ cup bean sprouts
- ¼ cup carrots, grated
- ¼ cup cocktail peanuts, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a small saucepan, combine all peanut sauce ingredients. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and let cook for 5-10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil until it is cooked through, about 6-8 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Once cool, combine with 3-4 Tablespoons of peanut sauce then sprinkle with sesame seeds and, if you like heat, a few red pepper flakes.
- To assemble pizza:
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Place pizza stone in oven to heat for 30 minutes.
- While stone is heating, sprinkle cornmeal on a flat surface and roll out dough into large circle to fit stone.
- When stone is heated, remove from oven, dust with cornmeal, and very carefully set pizza dough on top.
- Cover with a small amount of sauce, about ¼ cup.
- Sprinkle with half the cheese. Top with chicken, then other vegetables.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and 2 tablespoons of peanuts.
- Place back in oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until cheese is melted, sauce is bubbling and crust in done.
- Garnish with cilantro and remaining peanuts.