This Cranberry Bourbon Cocktail creates the perfect balance between tart and sweet with a nice touch of smoky flavor from the bourbon.
With its festive red color, this Christmas Bourbon Cocktail is perfect for the fall and winter holidays. But don’t let that stop you from enjoying it the rest of the year.
Table of Contents
I love this cocktail for the holidays. Its bright red color garnished with a sprig of green rosemary just screams Christmas cocktail. Of course, it’s the tart cranberry balanced by the sweet orange juice that makes this a refreshing drink to add to your drink menu for holiday parties.
Adding bourbon to the mix adds a subtle smoky flavor without overshadowing the brighter flavors. It’s definitely a winter warmer drink brightened by cranberries but it works just as well for any and all seasons.
Why You'll Love This Cranberry Bourbon Cocktail
Christmas cocktails with bourbon contain woodsy notes that remind you of chestnuts roasting on an open fire! This Christmas cranberry cocktail is shaken with both sweet orange juice and tart cranberry juice to create the smoothest drink.
Easy to make just one glass or an entire pitcher for your next party.
With its beautiful red color, this Christmas Bourbon Cocktail couldn't be more perfect for the holidays.
- Bourbon - see below for suggestions
- Sweetened Cranberry Juice or Cranberry Juice Cocktail - use unsweetened if you want a drink with less sweetness and touch it up with a little simple syrup
- Orange Juice - fresh squeezed is best
- Garnishes - Rosemary sprig and cranberries
Best Bourbon for a Cranberry Cocktail
The best bourbon would be your favorite bourbon! You probably have it on hand and so you might as well use it for the drink. Other great choices are:
- Woodford Reserve is well-rounded with a citrus flavor note.
- Maker’s Mark has fruity flavor notes.
- Four Roses Single Barrel has a nice cherry flavor note that pairs nicely with cranberries.
- Pure Kentucky XO also has a cherry flavor note.
- Old Bardstown has an orange flavor note.
How to Make a Cranberry Bourbon Cocktail
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and pour in bourbon.
- Add cranberry juice.
- Pour in orange juice.
- All ready to shake.
- Place the top on the shaker and shake until the cocktail is ice cold.
- Strain into a lowball glass filled with ice.
Finish by dropping a few cranberries in the drink then add a sprig of rosemary. This pretty Christmas Bourbon Cocktail is decked out for the holidays but don't let that stop you from enjoying it any time of year. Cheers!
Make a Pitcher: Combine 2 cups of bourbon, 2 cups of orange juice, and 2 cups of cranberry juice in a pitcher. Stir to combine. Refrigerate until serving.
Make a Martini: Instead of pouring the shaken drink into glasses filled with ice, pour it into chilled martini glasses.
Christmas Bourbon Cocktail
What could be better than a Christmas cocktail with bourbon and cranberry? It's so perfect for celebrating the holiday! The drink's gorgeous berry color will make it stand out and be one of the best Christmas party cocktails.
More Berry Cocktails
Berries are wonderful for making cocktails and they make them so pretty.
- Blackberry Margarita has a lovely dark red-purple color from fresh blackberries and pomegranate juice.
- Blueberry Mojito - has a majestic purple-red color from fresh blueberries.
- Raspberry Daiquiri - a frozen drink that also has a beautiful bright red color.
- Strawberry Rum Cocktail - is another red drink served on the rocks.
Find lots of easy cocktail recipes here on 2CM!
Cranberry Bourbon Cocktail
- 2 oz Bourbon
- 2 oz cranberry juice
- 2 oz orange juice
- Garnish: rosemary sprig, cranberries
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add bourbon, cranberry juice, and orange juices.
- Shake vigorously until cold.
- Strain into an old-fashioned or lowball glass filled with ice. Garnish with a sprig of rosemary and a few cranberries.