Think summer in a glass – sweet strawberries, a squeeze of lime, a little Caribbean rum and a champagne topper. Our Strawberry Rum Fizz is a strawberry rum mixed drink that’s perfect for Mother’s Day brunch, summer get-togethers or anytime you’re craving a cool refreshing cocktail.
It sure is hard to get back into my normal routine after a week’s vacation. I was certainly trying to get this post out yesterday (big sigh) but it just seemed like my mind had other ideas. Plus my house is still a mess from the work done on my kitchen and bath. I just don’t know where to start to tackle everything. But, at the end of the day, I did finish this fantastic strawberry rum mixed drink and, believe me, once you taste it you’ll agree that is was well worth the wait.
Our trip down to Key West last week was just what my husband and I needed. A wonderful laid back vacation filled with plenty of fun in the sun, good music, food and, of course, some delicious drinks. Hence today’s cocktail.
My favorite tropical Keys’ drink is always my husband’s Mango Colada but this Strawberry Rum Fizz may just come in a close second. It’s the perfect cocktail for mom’s Mother’s Day brunch, summer parties or for just relaxing poolside. It’s fruity, refreshing and bubbly. I mean, what else do you need?
It’s also National Strawberry Month,so it seemed like the perfect time to concoct a cocktail starring this sweet and delicious berry. Of course, our Strawberry Lemonade Cocktail is pretty awesome too!
How to Make a Strawberry Rum Fizz
- Start with some fresh strawberries and muddle them in the bottom of a cocktail shaker or pitcher. You could also mash them in a bowl or mildly blend them in a blender as well.
- Add in the rum, triple sec and lime juice and give it a stir.
When you get to this point, you can store the strawberry mixture in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve it.
- To finish, just pour over ice in tall glasses and top with champagne. Yum, one sip is all it will take to win you over.
So what are you waiting for? Grab a glass and chill. Cheers!
- 3 very large strawberries
- 1 1/2 oz rum
- 1/2 oz triple sec or Grand Marnier
- 1/2 oz lime juice
- Muddle strawberries in the bottom of a cocktail shaker or pitcher. You can also mash them in a bowl or roughly blend them in a blender.
- Pour in liquors and lime juice. Stir.
- Divide mixture between 2 tall glasses filled with crushed ice. Top with champagne.
- Garnish with a strawberry and/or lime wedge.