What’s better than dense, chocolaty brownies? Dense, chocolaty Loaded Brownies, that’s what! This deliciousness starts with a box mix to which you add your favorite candy bar, Snickers is my go-to, then top with Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. They bake up fudgy and rich with the flavor of your favorite candy bar nestled in the dense brownie and a layer of peanut butter and chocolate on top. The perfect dessert for any chocolate lover!
If you’re like me, you have leftover Halloween candy sitting around. I have to admit that I bought too much for the number of trick-or-treaters we had so I had to do something so I wouldn’t nibble on it for the next month. Am I the only one?
Your favorite chocolate candy bar in every bite!
I could have made my Chocolate Candy Bar Cookies or my Milky Way Cake (which, btw, can be made with other chocolate candy bars) but I wanted something a little different. Enter these indulgent and easy Loaded Brownies, aka Candy Bar Brownies. OMG these are soooo good!
These Loaded brownies start with a box mix. Yep, believe me, you can use our from scratch brownie recipe from our Peanut Butter Brownie Poke Cake, but they come out just as delicious and are quicker to put together with a boxed mix. The flavor of the candy bar takes over while the brownie makes the dense fudgy texture to hold it all together. Topped with the peanut butter cups gives just enough of the peanut butter-chocolate combo flavor we all love.
Just a few quick steps to incredibly chocolaty Loaded Brownies.
Mix up the boxed brownie mix as directed for more cake-like brownies. This usually involves less water and an additional egg. Chop up chocolate candy bars and stir into brownie mix.
Pour brownie mix into prepared pan and top with peanut butter cups.
Bake then let cool in pan.
That’s it! Cut into squares and look at all that chocolate upon chocolate of decadence.
Now take a bite. Word of caution, these should come with a warning label they’re so awesomely delicious and totally addictive!
Dense, chocolaty Loaded Brownies starts with a box mix, add your favorite candy bar, Snickers is my go-to, then top with Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. They bake up fudgy and rich with the flavor of your favorite candy bar nestled in the dense brownie and a layer of peanut butter and chocolate on top.
- 1 box Ghiradelli Chocolate Supreme Brownies follow cake-like instructions for brownie mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 6-8 snack-sized Snickers bars cut into 8ths
- 10-12 mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups cut in 4ths
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease or spray 8x8-inch baking dish with nonstick spray. Line with parchment paper to help release easier from pan. This is an optional step.
- Make brownie mix according to package instructions. Follow the more cake-like (or thicker) brownie directions.
- Stir in chopped Snickers bars.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Top batter with chopped peanut butter cups.
- Bake about 40-45 minutes. You don’t want to overbake them. Toothpick, inserted in center, should come out with just a few moist crumbs.
- Let cool completely in baking dish before lifting out a cutting into squares.