This One Bowl Fresh Apple Bundt Cake is as easy as 1-2-3. Just put all the ingredients, apples, sugar, flour, and spices, in a bowl, mix and bake. It comes out moist, delicious, and fills the house with the aromas of apples & cinnamon.
Happy September and bring on the fall! I love the fall season! The cool weather, the colorful leaves, and all the yummy flavors and aromas of pumpkin and apples in the air.
I think it's the change in weather that makes me want to run to my kitchen and start baking. And there are so many recipes that I love to make that I sometimes don't even know where to start.
I make my usual Caramel Apple Bars, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars, and Apple Cider Pound Cake but, for those that want something super easy and delicious for a showstopping dessert, this recipe for a moist apple bundt cake with caramel sauce is perfect.
Table of contents
I first had this delicious fresh apple cake at my mother-in-law's home many years ago and just had to get the recipe from her. I've been making it every year since then, it's that good!
It's surprisingly easy to make, using just one bowl (hence the name), and comes out so moist and full of apple and spice flavors that you'll want to bake it up again and again.
Apple Cake Ingredients
- Vegetable oil
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Vanilla extract
Best Apples for Apple Spice Cake
It's best to use a combination of apples, some for sweetness, some for crispness, and some for moistness. I prefer to use both the Fuji and Honeycrisp variety. You can also use a few Granny Smith but they are a bit more tart.
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely. It freezes well and will keep about 3 months in the freezer. Once cooled, I like to keep this cake in the refrigerator and take it out about 1 hour before serving since it tastes better at room temperature.
Yes, but it will not last as long. Make sure that it is well covered with plastic wrap so it doesn't dry out.
The easiest way is to insert a toothpick into the center, if it comes out clean it is done. You can also tell if it is done when the cake starts to pull away from the sides of the bundt pan.
Thirdly, you can try lightly touching the top of the cake. If it springs back, it is done. If it leaves a depression, it needs to cook a little longer.
How to Make a One Bowl Apple Cake
Gather all the ingredients.
- Pour sugar into a large bowl. Add vegetable oil. (photo 1)
- Stir until all ingredients are combined. (photo 2)
- Add the three eggs.(photo 3)
- Combine until well incorporated.(photo 4)
- Pour in chopped apples and stir well. (photo 5)
- Add all the flour.(photo 6)
- Sprinkle in salt, baking soda and cinnamon.(photo 7)
- Add vanilla extract.(photo 8)
- Stir in pecans.(photo 9)
- The batter will be very thick.(photo 10)
- Pour into greased and floured bundt pan. It is important to use a classic bundt pan such as this since the fresh apple chunks will not allow the batter to flow into a more intricate design.(photo 11)
- Bake. You will know it's done when a toothpick in center comes out clean.(photo 12)
This one bowl apple bundt cake makes a great dessert for autumn and will easily handle going right into the holidays. And, if you must, and yes you must, serve it a la mode with maybe, OK definitely, a drizzle of caramel sauce on top. I'm drooling just thinking about it. Enjoy!
More Favorite Recipes With Apples
- Apple French Toast Muffins from 2 Cookin Mamas
- Cinnamon Apple Bread from 2 Cookin Mamas
- Maple Apple Oatmeal Cookies from 2 Cookin Mamas
- Apple Pie Monkey Bread from Unicorns in the Kitchen
- Apple Chia Seed Pudding from 2 Cookin Mamas
Find more fall recipes to enjoy the season on 2CM!
Easy One Bowl Fresh Apple Bundt Cake with Caramel Sauce
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups apples peeled, cored & diced
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans chopped
Caramel Sauce (optional)
- 6 oz caramels
- 1 ½ Tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Grease & flour a bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, mix ingredients in order given. Batter will be very thick.
- Pour into prepared bundt pan.
- Bake 1-½ to 1-¾ hours or until toothpick in center comes out clean.
- Place on wire rack to cool for about 20-30 minutes. You want it to be firm enough to not fall apart when it is inverted. When cool enough remove from pan and place on wire rack to finish cooling completely.
- Dust with powdered sugar just prior to serving. Serve with optional sides of vanilla ice cream and warm caramel sauce.
- To melt caramels, place caramels and heavy whipping cream in microwave safe measuring cup or bowl.
- Melt in microwave on high in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until smooth. Usually takes about 1-½ to 2 minutes.
What are the best apples to use in this cake?It's best to use a combination of apples, some for sweetness, some for crispness and some for moistness. I prefer to use both the Fuji ad Honeycrisp variety.
Can you freeze this cake?Absolutely. It freezes well and will keep about 3 months in the freezer. Once cooled, I like to keep this cake in the refrigerator and take it out about 1 hour before serving since it tastes better at room temperature.
Can I keep this easy apple cake on the counter?Yes, but it will not last as long and make sure that it is well covered with plastic wrap so it doesn't dry out.
How do I know when this one bowl apple cake is done?The easiest way is to insert a toothpick into the center, if it comes out clean it is done. You can also tell if it is done when the cake starts to pull away from the sides of the bundt pan. Thirdly, you can try lightly touching the top of the cake. If it springs back, it is done. If it leaves a depression, it needs to cook a little longer.
This post has been updated with new step-by-step easy to follow instructions. It was originally published on November 20, 2016.