This Smoked Gouda Bruschetta is a great appetizer for fall football games or your next dinner party. Quick and easy to make with a bakery sourdough baguette, jarred basil pesto, shallots and smoked Gouda cheese. You’d better make a double batch as they go really quick!
Smoked Gouda Appetizer
Fall means football and lots of warm, hearty appetizers. Nothing is easier than this 15 minute appetizer that is sure to please a crowd.
Just slice the baguette, spread with basil pesto and sprinkle with shallots. Lay the gouda cheese on top and broil until melted and nicely browned. Serve them hot and watch them disappear.
More football appetizers to enjoy.
Caprese Empanadas from 2 Cookin Mamas
Ultimate Easy Nachos from Good Life Eats
Super Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings from 2 Cookin Mamas
A great appetizer for fall football games or your next dinner party. Quick and easy to make with a bakery sourdough baguette, jarred basil pesto, shallots and smoked Gouda cheese. You'd better make a double batch as they go really quick!
- 1 sourdough baguette
- 10 oz jar basil pesto
- 6 shallots chopped fine
- 1-2 cups Smoked Gouda sliced
- Garnish: basil optional
- Preheat broiler. Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut sourdough into 1/2" diagonal slices.
- Place bread slices on prepared cookie sheet. Spread each slice with basil pesto.
- Sprinkle shallots on top of pesto then lay a slice of smoked Gouda cheese on each slice.
- Place under broiler for 2-4 minutes. Watch carefully as it will go from brown to burnt very quickly.
- Garnish with chopped basil.
Wine/Beer Pairing: For all the beer lovers out there, pair this cheesy appetizer with a Pale Ale, Brown Ale, Lager or Stout. For wine lovers try a Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Pinto Grigio or Champagne. Red wine lovers aren’t left out either – try a Beaujolais.