Take your favorite ravioli to the next level with this toasted ravioli appetizer. Easy to make, baked to a slight crispness and dipped into your favorite marina, makes the perfect handheld appetizer for your next party.
I love Italian food, and especially ravioli, so being able to convert one of my favorite foods to an appetizer was awesome. And they taste fabulous too! Try with all different ravioli flavors and let me know what becomes your favorite.
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan or Pecorino-Romano cheese, grated + additional for topping
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, or more to taste
- 16 oz frozen small square raviolis (I used Rising Moon Organics Ravioli in Spinach and Cheese and Basil, Asiago and Pine Nut Pesto flavors)
- Marinara for dipping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a large cookie sheet with Pam or other non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Whisk eggs and water together in small bowl.
- Place breadcrumbs, 1/4 cup Parmesan and pepper into large ziploc bag. Shake to combine.
- Take frozen ravioli and dip into egg wash then into ziploc bag with breadcrumb mixture. Shake to coat well. Place on prepared cookie sheet in a single layer. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan if desired then spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until crispy and golden brown. Be careful not to overcook as they tend to dry out.
- Serve ravioli with marinara for dipping.
If you loved this appetizer you might like to try these: