S’mores Christmas Crack has all the deliciousness of s’mores wrapped up in a Christmas Crack package. Chocolate, marshmallows, caramel and graham crackers combine to make this deliciously crunchy & addictive snack. Great for holiday gifts too!
OMG! I wish I had thought of this years ago! You won’t believe how delicious it is, combining all the things you love about s’mores with all the things you love about Christmas crack. Yep, this S’mores Christmas Crack is all it’s cracked up to be! (sorry, couldn’t help myself!)
I was working on all my Christmas cookies (Chocolate Chip Macaroons and White Chocolate Peppermint Kiss Cookies), candy (Christmas Crack & Stroopwafel Fudge), and breads to give to neighbors for Christmas and thought it would be fun to experiment with something that was totally new. Enter my secret addiction to s’mores!
I love all the chocolate, marshmallows and graham crackers that come together so deliciously with this sweet treat. I don’t get them very often here in sunny, warm South Florida so I thought, how could I combine all the things I love into one chocolaty candy. Bingo! I found what Nestle’s call “Our Morsel of the Year” S’mores Morsels Mix in the grocery store and the idea of some sort of Christmas Crack just jumped out at me.
I could use graham crackers for the base, instead of pretzels or saltines, and use the S’mores morsel mix instead of regular semi-sweet chocolate chips. Then all I need to do is add the toffee and we’re all set. And it came out even better than I expected! It was crunchy from the toffee, the grahams stayed crisp and the flavor of the marshmallows and chocolate were the perfect combination. If I made it again I might even try mixing my own marshmallows and chocolate chips for an even more marshmallowy flavor.
Get ready for this delicious taste sensation! It’s so easy to make (you’d better double the recipe, just sayin’) because it is just as addictive as the original. If you’re a s’mores lover or a Christmas crack lover this S’mores Christmas Crack is for you!
- Graham crackers, enough to cover the bottom of cookie sheet enough to cover the bottom of cookie sheet
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 cups S’mores morsels mix + 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Garnish: colored sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a large cookie sheet, with sides, with nonstick cooking spray. Make sure it covers every nook & cranny.
Cover the bottom of cookie sheet with graham crackers.
- In a small saucepan, heat butter and sugar to boiling, stirring to combine. Once it starts a rolling boil, stop stirring, and let it cook for 3-5 minutes. It will start to foam up as it reaches the correct temperature.
- Pour the caramel (butter-sugar mixture) evenly over the graham crackers.
Place cookie sheet in oven for 5 minutes. Remove and immediately sprinkle s’mores morsels + additional chocolate chips over the top.
- Let sit 3-5 minutes to soften the chocolate then spread evenly over the top with a silicone spatula.
Immediately sprinkle with colored sprinkles if you like.
- Place in refrigerator to help it set faster.
- Once it hardens, take out and crack into pieces. Store in airtight container in the refrigerator.