Coconuty Chocolate Chip Macaroons are simple to make, deliciously chewy & gluten-free! Of course, I had to dip them in chocolate too!
I am so into the swing of things this year and have already started my holiday baking. And what is Christmas without cookies, right! So I’ve joined with other food bloggers, who just can’t get enough of the holiday season either, to share delicious cookie recipes with you. Thanks go out to Erin from The Speckled Palate and Susannah from Feast and West for doing all the hard work to bring The Sweetest Season Cookie Exchange to fruition.
I’ve always believed that there are never too many cookies for Christmas. Every year I make enough to give away as gifts and to have on hand when friends and family gather at the house. I’ve already baked White Chocolate Peppermint Kiss Cookies, Turtle Cheesecake Cookies and Egg Nog Cookies and now I’m ready for something new.
I remembered a cookie I had received from a fellow blogger a few years ago and decided to make my version of her Chocolate Chip Macaroons. And yes, as you can see, I just had to dip them in chocolate, but you can just leave them the way they are too because, if you are a coconut lover like me, they are fantastic either way!
The great thing about this recipe is that there is no flour added so anyone that is gluten-free can also enjoy them. They’re perfect for giving as gifts, cookie exchanges or just having on hand and your GF friends will love you! I will definitely have them out for my daughter, who is gluten-free, as she will be visiting for the holidays.
These macaroons are one of the easiest cookies to make. The hardest part is whipping the egg white into soft peaks. All you have to do is mix the remaining ingredients in a bowl, fold in the egg white, form into balls and bake. Easy, right?! And they are so good! Little chips of chocolate mixed with the sweetened coconut makes them little mouthfuls of yumminess.
Hope you enjoy! Click here to check out all the other cookie recipes that are sure to make your mouth water.
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 3-4 oz dark chocolate bar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat egg white until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine coconut, sugar, extract, salt and mini chocolate chips.
- Fold in beaten egg white.
- Make 12-15 small balls by rolling with slightly damp hands. Place on cookie sheet about 1" apart.
- Bake 15 minutes or until tops are light brown. Cool 10 minutes on cookie sheet then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave safe dish in 30 second intervals, stirring in-between, until completely smooth.
- Dip bottoms of cooled macaroons in chocolate and place on wax paper until chocolate is set.
- Store in airtight container.