This easy Stroopwafel Chocolate Fudge is smooth, rich and creamy and takes only 10 minutes to make. All you need are 7 simple ingredients, a bowl and a microwave. Great for parties and as a delicious homemade gift but make sure to keep some for yourself. It’s that good!
Nothing is better at Christmas time than fudge! Everyone that agrees with me say YES!!!! And it comes in so many different flavors too. And not only is it super easy and delicious but it makes great gifts for family and friends too.
I was trying to think of some different flavor of fudge to make this year and remembered that I had a bottle of Stroopwafel liqueur in the pantry. I know, what in the world is Stroopwafel? A Stroopwafel, according to Wikipedia, is a waffle made from two thin layers of baked dough with a caramel-like syrup filling in the middle and originated in the Netherlands. It’s what I like to call a caramel flavored waffle cookie. Surprisingly enough, they were giving them out as snacks on our recent vacation trip on United Airlines. What a co-inky-dink.
The recipe is one I have used before for my regular fudge and it’s super quick with the use of a microwave. In fact, it takes just 10-15 minutes to make, then several hours chill time, and you’re done! All you’ll need are 7 simple ingredients, counting the cinnamon, and that’s it! Easy ingredients like chocolate chips, espresso powder, coffee tequila, Stroopwafel liqueur, condensed milk and a little butter.
You can also use alternatives to the Stroopwafel liqueur such as Kahlua, Bailey’s Irish Cream, Cointreau, Godiva White Chocolate Liqueur or even Jack Daniels. I love baking with different liqueurs as they give such a rich taste and a little kick to the baked goods like in my Kahlua Truffles or my Chocolate Raspberry Cocktail Cupcakes.
Just to make this Stroopwafel Chocolate Fudge a little extra special for Christmas, I even sprinkled some sparkling sugar on top. Aren’t they just perfect for a Christmas gift. I believe everyone always appreciates a gift that you made yourself. And you don’t have to tell them how easy it was, that can be our little secret. 🙂
Take a bite and enjoy!
EASY STROOPWAFEL CHOCOLATE FUDGE
- 10- oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 10- oz Ghiradelli dark chocolate bar broken up (you can use all semi-sweet chips if preferred)
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1 14- oz can condensed milk
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons Stroopwafel liqueur (you can use Kahlua instead for more of a mocha fudge)
- 1/2 teaspoon Coffee Tequila (You can use vanilla extract in lieu of tequila)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (omit if using salted butter)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Garnish: Sparkling sugar
- Grease an 8x8-inch baking dish then line with parchment paper. Run a little extra up the sides to help lift the fudge when cooled. Set aside.
- Place chocolate and espresso powder in a large microwave safe bowl.
- Place in microwave and heat in 30-second increments, stirring in-between, until melted. It takes about 2-1/2 minutes.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and butter. Stir and return to microwave until butter is melted. Usually around 1 minute.
- Remove from microwave and stir well.
- Add Stroopwafel, coffee tequila, salt if using and cinnamon. Stir.
- Pour into prepared baking dish. Smooth top.
- Sprinkle with sparkling sugar.
- Place in refrigerator for 2 or more hours. You want it to be firm enough to slice evenly.
- To remove: run knife around edge then lift out with parchment paper. Place on cutting board and cut into squares.
DON’T MISS A RECIPE!