Decadent Kahlua Truffles are for adults only. Chocolate candy flavored with Kahlua & a hint of coffee is drenched in dark chocolate then drizzled with white chocolate. Perfect for gift-giving, cookie trays, and holiday parties.
I love Christmas and all it's rich and decadent desserts. I especially love baking special treats for friends and neighbors and always include a homemade candy or two in their gift boxes.
The idea for these Kahlua truffles came about because of a gift my daughter gave me. I had watched my grandson while they went off on a yoga retreat to Mexico and as a token of appreciation, they brought back a delicious Kahlua laced tequila. Now I do love my Kahlua (oh and tequila too) so this gift was spot on!
With Christmas around the corner, I started thinking of all the possible indulgent "adults only" desserts I could make with it. Are you with me?
Now, I've made Kahlua cheesecake before and it was out of this world delicious. So why not take a cheesecake-like filling, add a dash or two of coffee flavored tequila, make it into a bite-sized Kahlua truffle, then cover it with dark chocolate?
Are you drooling yet? Yep, I have to pat myself on the back for this one. These truffles are absolutely sinful!
These Kahlua truffles are so easy to make too. There's no baking involved, just melt the chocolate in the microwave, chill in-between and you've got yourself a sinfully awesome treat. So go for it and enjoy! Merry Christmas!
Try my Buckeye Candy for another easy treat to make for the holidays.
Find lots of easy Christmas recipes here on 2CM!
- ½ lb. milk chocolate (I used Ghiradelli milk chocolate chips)
- ½ lb. dark chocolate (I used Ghiradelli dark chocolate chips)
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee powder
- 2 Tablespoons Kahlua
- 1-½ cups dark chocolate (I used Ghiradelli dark chocolate chips)
- 2 Tablespoons Crisco
White Chocolate Drizzle (optional
- 1 bar white chocolate (I used Ghiradelli)
- Place both dark and milk chocolate in a large 4 cup measuring cup. Add heavy cream and coffee powder and place in microwave. Cook on high in 30 second increments until almost melted. Stir to melt remaining chips. It usually takes about 1 minute. Add Kahlua to chocolate, stir and place mixture in freezer for about 2 hours.
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper. Remove chocolate from freezer and scoop out a heaping teaspoonful and roll between palms to make a ball. Place on cookie sheet. Continue with remaining chocolate. Place back in refrigerator/freezer while melting dipping chocolate.
- To make dipping chocolate: Place chocolate chips and Crisco in a 2-cup measuring cup and cook on high in microwave for 30-second increments until almost melted. Stir to melt remaining chips. It should take less than 1 minute.
- Remove truffles from refrigerator and dip each one in the melted chocolate.(I just use my fingers but you can also use a toothpick) Place back on cookie sheet immediately and you will see the chocolate start to harden and shine. Finish dipping remaining truffles.
- If you would like to drizzle with white chocolate, place squares of white chocolate in small resealable plastic bag. Place in a bowl with very hot water. It will melt in a very short time. Knead with fingers to smooth out the mixture then cut a very tiny hole in one corner of the bag and squeeze out thin lines of chocolate over truffles.
- Place truffles back in refrigerator to harden then remove to covered container and store in refrigerator.
This post has been updated and was first published on December 22, 2013.
Christmas Cookie Marathon Series
Christmas Cookie Marathon
More Cookie Deliciousness
Cookies + Pudding = Scrumptious
Snowballs and Truffles
Simple and Delicious Cookies
Seasonal Flavors - Peppermint and Eggnog