Flavor the season with this quick & easy apple crisp granola. Oats, walnuts and apple chips are spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg and sweetened with applesauce and molasses for the perfect fall treat. Use it to top your yogurt for breakfast or as a healthy afternoon snack.
Yay! It’s fall! And when the cooler weather blows in (it will eventually reach us here in Florida..I think…I hope), the first things I think of are apples and pumpkin. Now I’ve already made an Apple Pie Smoothie, some Caramel Apple Cookie Bars and a Apple Dutch Baby Pancake so I thought I would create a snack that would be great to nibble on.
Granola is one of the easiest things to make and when you make it yourself you know exactly what is going into it. No artificial colors, chemicals or high fructose corn syrup for sure. And, if you are gluten-free, you can make sure the oats you are using are gluten-free as well as the apple chips. I used Bare Fuji Red Apple Chips as they are certified non-GMO, gluten-free & have no added sugar.
This Apple Crisp Granola is great as a snack but also delicious on yogurt in the morning or even for that extra crunch on a bowl of fruit. Enjoy!
Delicious Snacks for Any Time of Year
Vanilla Almond Granola from 2 Cookin Mamas
Chocolate Covered Bananas from 2 Cookin Mamas
White Chocolate Cinnamon Crunch Bars from Courtney’s Sweets
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bites from 2 Cookin Mamas
Love quick & easy recipes? Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest & Twitter for all the latest recipe inspiration! Plus join my email list here and receive a free e-book.
- 4 cups oats, certified gluten-free if needed
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans, roughly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup honey or molasses
- 1/3 cup coconut oil or almond oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2-3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3.4 oz pkg apple chips, slightly crumbled (around 1-1/2 cups)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Spray 2 cookie sheets with nonstick spray or line with parchment.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, walnuts, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a small saucepan, mix brown sugar, honey or molasses, oil and applesauce. Heat until it just starts to boil, stirring often. Remove from heat and add vanilla extract.
- Pour sugar-oil mixture over spiced oats and keep stirring until all is well coated.
- Pour onto cookies sheets and spread in single layer.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, stirring once halfway through cooking time.
- Remove from oven and add in apple chips, stirring well to combine.
- Let cool on cookie sheets then store in airtight containers.
Makes 5-6 cups. Serving size based on 1/2 cup per serving.