This Blueberry Almond Bundt Cake is a rich, dense cream cheese cake flavored with almond and loaded with fresh blueberries. It’s kicked up a notch with a drizzle of lemon glaze & a sprinkling of almonds. Delicious for dessert or even breakfast!
Last year when I visited my sister in Michigan she made me a fantastic dessert with fresh Michigan blueberries, a blueberry almond bundt cake. She and I have always loved to cook and she whips up some pretty amazing things in her kitchen. This was no exception. The cake was rich, dense and sweet and the blueberries filled out the taste with their own innate flavor. Then she really kicked it up a notch and drizzled a lemon glaze over it then sprinkled almonds on top. Wow! I am so drooling as I write this. The really great thing about this super yummy cake is that it’s easy to make and can be served for breakfast, brunch or dessert.
How to Make
First things first. Gather your ingredients and let the cream cheese and butter sit out and soften.
- Combine cream cheese, butter, sugar and almond paste in a large mixing bowl and blend til smooth and creamy. (photo 1)
- Add eggs and beat til blended then add dry ingredients.Continue beating until well incorporated. (photo 2)
- Stir in blueberries. (photo 3)
- Pour into well greased and floured bundt pan and bake. (photo 4)
- Remove the cake from oven and let cool in pan 10-20 minutes. (photo 5)
- Invert onto wire rack to cool completely. (photo 6)
- Mix lemon glaze and drizzle over top. (photo 7)
- Garnish with a sprinkling of almonds. And that’s it! (photo 8)
Doesn’t this blueberry almond cake look gorgeous as a centerpiece on the table even before cutting it? Ah, but when you cut it, the beautiful moist and rich cake appears all studded with moist pump blueberries.
Now take a bite! The cake is moist and rich with an almond flavor that just explodes on the tongue. The blueberries burst with flavor and are the perfect foil to the tartness of the lemon glaze. It really is a show stopper! If you give it a try, let me know how you like it so I can pass on the kudos to my sister. Thanks Ginger! Enjoy!
More berry dessert recipes
Berry Upside Down Cake – is a tender, moist vanilla flavored cake that’s topped with sweetened fresh plump blueberries and juicy strawberries. Simple to make and fun to decorate for celebrating all the red white and blue holidays like 4th of July and Memorial Day. It’s a light dessert that fits warm summer barbecues or every day picnics.
Raspberry Sushi Roll – is not really sushi at all but a rich, light as air chocolate cake filled with cheesecake filling and stuffed with raspberries. It’s decadent, delicious & show-stopping!
Summer Berries & Cream Trifle – is an easy summer dessert filled with layers of liqueur-soaked cake, plenty of fresh berries of the season and a light mascarpone cream.
Love quick & easy recipes? Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest & Twitter for all the latest recipe inspiration! Plus join my email list here and receive a free e-book.
Blueberry Almond Bundt Cake with Lemon Glaze
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 2 ounces almond paste
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-3/4 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease & flour bundt pan very well. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, cream cheese, almond paste and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs to butter mixture.
- Combine dry ingredients together.
- Add dry ingredients to butter-cream cheese mixture and beat well.
- Toss blueberries with 1 Tablespoon flour then stir into batter.
- Place in oven and bake 55 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Remove from oven and let cool on wire rack for 10-20 minutes. Invert onto wire rack and let cool the rest of the way.
- While oven is still on, toast almonds. See how to in notes below.
- Prepare glaze by beating all ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Drizzle glaze over cake while it is sitting on a wire rack over a cookie sheet. Sprinkle top with almonds immediately. Carefully move to serving plate.
This post was originally published on July 10, 2014. Photos and article have been updated.