Our Pumpkin Pie Smoothie is super healthy and packed with protein & plenty of fiber. It's like having a slice of pumpkin pie in a glass. Who wouldn't love that!
'Tis the season for all things apple and pumpkin and it just wouldn't be right not to feature a delicious smoothie that packs all that into one glass. Am I right or what?
Now I don't know about you but I am crazy about pumpkin pie! It's one of the first things I think of when fall rolls around. And I like to get my pumpkin in any way I can. I've made Self Frosting Pumpkin Nutella Muffins, a light Pumpkin Chiffon Tart and even Panang Curry with Pumpkin but nothing satisfies like a slice of pumpkin pie.
In order to keep my girlish figure I figured that having pumpkin pie at every meal probably was not the way to go. (darn) However, how about if I put all that pumpkin and spice into a glass and made it good for you? Now that sounds just about perfect!
This smoothie is so easy to throw together and it's healthy too! It not only has all the delicious flavors of pumpkin pie but plenty of protein, fiber, potassium and Vitamin A too! I've included all my fall favorites, like apples, maple syrup and, of course, pumpkin into a yummy smoothie that can either fill a glass or, if using ice, can be a super smoothie bowl topped with your favorite indulgences. Think granola, raisins, nuts, different fruits or maybe even splurge with a little dollop of whipped cream.
Our Pumpkin Pie Smoothie is great for breakfast but it also makes a filling lunch and a fantastic afternoon pick-me-up.
PROTEIN PACKED PUMPKIN PIE SMOOTHIE
- 1 frozen sliced banana
- ½ cup vanilla flavored Greek yogurt (about 5-6 oz)
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup favorite milk (I used almond milk)
- ¼ cup apple, peeled & chopped (optional)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon vanilla
- 5 ice cubes (optional, I didn't use)
- Garnish: chopped pecans, cinnamon, whipped cream
- Place all ingredients in your Ninja or similar blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into a tall glass, mason jar, stemless wine glass or bowl. Garnish with whipped cream, a sprinkle of cinnamon and chopped nuts.
Love smoothies? Check out our Smoothie board here and have a different smoothie for every day of the week.