This sparkling pomegranate vodka cocktail is perfect to celebrate the Christmas season or ring in the new year. While the champagne makes this drink light and bubbly, the pomegranate juice brings a nice tartness to the cocktail and is perfectly balanced by the addition of sweet orange liqueur and simple syrup.
Table of Contents
Champagne Pomegranate Cocktail
Champagne cocktails are the epitome of celebration. These delightful drinks combine the crisp, bubbly nature of champagne with a variety of flavorful add-ins, from liqueurs and fruit juices to bitters and fresh herbs. They’re great for sipping for brunch, toasting a special occasion, or adding a little festive touch to a party.
I love to make sparkling drinks for the holidays and this Champagne Pomegranate Cocktail not only sparkles but meets the season all decked out in red and green, fitting perfectly into the holiday scene. Other favorite champagne cocktails include classic Mimosas and Cranberry Mimosas that add a touch of effervescence and elegance and raise the bar on any Christmas festivity.
Why You'll Love This Pomegranate Cocktail Recipe
This pomegranate cocktail is very simple to throw together and perfect for a hectic Christmas morning. It's also great to make by the pitcherful for a festive New Year's bash.
A champagne cocktail with a little more kick with the addition of vodka.
The ingredients create a nice balance with the combination of tart pomegranate juice offset by the sweetness of the orange liqueur and simple syrup. Of course, everyone always likes a little bubbly, so top it off and toast the season.
For those who want to tame it down a little, the vodka isn't necessary, as it tastes just as good without it. Just add a little more orange juice to take its place and you'll have one smooth, light & yummy cocktail.
- Pomegranate Juice
- Triple Sec
- Champagne or Prosecco
- Simple Syrup
- Pomegranate Seeds and Rosemary Sprigs for garnish
Ingredient Notes and Substitutions
You can change up this drink to suit your taste preference or what you may have on hand in your pantry and liqueur cabinet. Here are some ideas:
- Champagne - use Prosecco, Cava, or sparkling wine instead of champagne.
- Vodka - Use vanilla, orange, or pomegranate vodka instead of plain vodka.
- Liquor - Use gin, rum, tequila, or whiskey instead of vodka.
- Orange Liqueur - Use Grand Marnier or Cointreau instead of Triple Sec.
- Sweetener - Use agave syrup instead of simple syrup.
- Garnish - Use a sprig of fresh mint instead of rosemary.
How to Make a Pomegranate Vodka Cocktail
- Add vodka, pomegranate juice, triple sec, and simple syrup to a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake well for at least 30 seconds to chill drink.
- Divide cocktail between two champagne glasses then top with champagne.
- Drop a handful of pomegranate arils into the finished cocktail.
- Add a rosemary sprig for a touch of green.
Serve immediately to enjoy all the effervescent qualities of the champagne. Cheers to a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Have all the cocktail ingredients cold before making the drink. Since it is not shaken with ice or served over ice, it's better to use chilled ingredients.
Freeze the pomegranate seeds so they'll be like tiny pomegranate ice cubes. You may be able to find frozen pomegranate seeds in your grocer's freezer section. Or get a bunch of fresh ones when available and freeze them to use throughout the year.
Serve it in martini glasses for a vodka pomegranate martini.
Serve it in a lowball cocktail glass filled with ice and rimmed with simple syrup and red sanding sugar. This will add an extra touch of color and sweetness.
If you want to make this cocktail ahead of time, just mix everything except the champagne and keep it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. When ready to serve, pour it into glasses, top it with champagne, and garnish.
You can make a large batch in a pitcher by this same make-ahead method. Use the recipe card to increase the servings - just hover over the number of servings and move the slider that pops up to your desired number of servings.
More Festive Cocktails
- Apple Sangria
- Christmas Berry Cocktail
- Cranberry Bourbon Cocktail
- Cranberry Mimosa
- White Christmas Margarita
Find lots of easy cocktail recipes here on 2CM!
Sparkling Pomegranate Vodka Cocktail
- ¼ cup vodka
- 2 Tablespoons pomegranate juice, cold
- 2 Tablespoons triple sec
- ⅜ cup cold champagne or enough to top off the drink
- ¾-1 teaspoon simple syrup (add more or less to sweeten to taste)
- Garnish: pomegranate seeds & rosemary sprigs
- Place vodka, pomegranate juice, simple syrup, and ice cubes in a cocktail shaker. Shake for 30 seconds or until the mixture is very cold.
- Divide between two champagne flutes then top each with champagne.
- Garnish with pomegranate arils and a sprig of rosemary.
This post has been updated with new photos and more helpful information. It was first published on December 22, 2016.