Vanilla Almond K Cookies are a crunchy cookie-lovers dream! Our secret ingredient makes these cookies decidedly crispy and as light as air.
These cookies have been in my family for generations. They were always one of my Dad’s favorites probably because they’re so crispy and crunchy. Originally my Mom made them with a cereal called Wheaties but really any crunchy wheat flake cereal will do.
I decided to try something different this year and it came out even better than the original. Want to know my secret ingredient? It was Special K Almond Vanilla cereal, made of crunchy wheat and rice flakes with almonds and vanilla. And I guess you could say that if any cookie was good for you, this one would have to be on the table. The cereal itself is full of fiber and whole grains but the 2 cups of sugar certainly puts a damper on the nutrition angle. But hey, cookies aren’t suppose to be good for you, just deliciously good to eat!
My husband brought these into his office last week and these were voted as one of the favorites. It’s really great to be able to share all my goodies with his friends and also get great feedback too. (They’ve told him how much they love being my guinea pigs and keep saying “bring it on”) So, if you know anyone that likes crunchy, this is the cookie for them!
Hope you enjoy and let me know if you give them a try!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed tightly
- 1 cup Crisco
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch salt
- 4 cups Special K Almond Vanilla cereal or any crunchy wheat flake cereal
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream sugars and Crisco until light and fluffy. Continue beating while adding in eggs and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture, beating until well mixed.
- Stir in crunchy cereal.
- Place heaping tablespoons of dough on to ungreased cookie sheets at least 2" apart as these cookies will spread.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool on cookie sheets on wire racks for 2-3 minutes then remove to wire racks to cool completely. They will crisp up as they cool down.
- Store in airtight container.
It’s underway – the 12 Days of Christmas Cookies! Keep checking back to catch all the goodness!
On the 12th day of Christmas this Cookin” Mama sent to you… 12 Nutella Palmiers, 11 Forget Them Cookies, 10 Sure Bet Macaroons, 9 Almond Bar Cookies, 8 Pecan Sandies, 7 NuttZo Nut Butter Cookies, 6 Turtle Cheesecake Cookies, 5 Key Lime Truffles, 4 Vanilla Almond K Cookies, 3 Cookies and Cream Cookies, 2 Creme Brulee Cookies and a Chocolate Peppermint Drop …fa, la, la, la, la