Ever want a cookie for breakfast? Well, these breakfast cookies are the perfect antidote. Packed with healthy ingredients like oats, bananas and flax seed they make a wholesome snack or an on-the-go breakfast. Easy to make, delicious & gluten-free too!
Yep, you read that right! Cookies for breakfast, what could be better? And the best part, they are good for you, easy to make and gluten-free too! Wow!
Make them on the weekend and have them on those days you are rushing out the door to get to work on time or slip them into the kids’ hands as they head out to school. And you can feel good about eating that all important breakfast.
Did you know that it has been proven that eating the right kind of breakfast leads to a healthier and more productive lifestyle. And these bars pack a wallop! They are rich in fiber, to help keep you full until lunch and keep that slim waistline, high in omega-3 fatty acids to help with your heart health and are rich in potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium and other important vitamins and minerals to keep you in tip top shape.
So what are you waiting for? Bake up a batch this weekend. You’ll love the convenience for the upcoming busy week. Oh, and these make great afternoon snacks too!
HEALTHY BREAKFAST COOKIES
- 1-1/2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1 Tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries or other dried fruit
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, warmed to liquid state
- 1 Tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a cookie sheet with a nonstick spray.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Take heaping tablespoonfuls of dough and roll each into a ball. Place on cookie sheet and flatten slightly with fork.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool on cookie sheet.
DON’T MISS A RECIPE!