Thai Red Curry with Beef is easy and full of fresh ingredients. It’s a quick stir fry dish that has all the flavors of your favorite Thai dish including red curry paste & coconut milk. A great dinner that’s better than any take-out!
My husband and I love Asian food and make it at home on a regular basis. It always seems when we need a quick dinner on busy weeknights we tend to lean towards Thai or other Asian food. This Thai Red Curry fits the bill perfectly. Quick – check, Easy – check and Tasty – check!
Asian food, especially Thai food, is prepared fresh and cooked quickly. I feel it retains more of the vitamins and flavor of all the wholesome ingredients used. Asian cuisine is full of fresh vegetables, a big plus, and lean meats such as chicken, pork and fish. Take a look at some of our favorites to prepare like Shrimp Panang Curry with Pumpkin and Nam Sod (Thai Pork Salad) and you’ll see what I mean.
A beef curry that just melts in your mouth!
This recipe is a little different in that I used tenderloin, trimmed free of all fat, but still a little higher in fat content than the traditional chicken or fish but when you taste it you’ll understand why. It is sooooo tender that it just melts in your mouth and takes on all that wonderful curry taste. I believe I can live with that little bit of extra fat – it is so worth it!
The most important thing to remember when fixing this Thai Red Curry or any Asian cuisine for that matter, being that it cooks so quickly, is to have everything measured out and chopped prior to cooking. If you prepare well, it really is one of the easiest & healthiest cuisines to fix. Serve it over rice or quinoa to complete the meal or go outside the box and serve over lentils or orzo. It’s delicious either way!
- 2 cups red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups onion, sliced
- 1 lb. beef tenderloin, sliced thin
- 1 can Thai Kitchen coconut milk (13.5-oz.)
- 2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Thai Kitchen fish sauce (make sure to use a gluten-free brand such as Thai Kitchen if needed)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon + 2 teaspoons Thai Kitchen red curry paste
- Lime wedges for serving
- IMPORTANT: Prepare all ingredients prior to starting.
- Cut vegetables and beef and set aside.
- Remove cream from top of coconut milk and place in large skillet. Add sugar, fish sauce and red pepper flakes to coconut milk remaining in can and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine lime juice and salt and pour over basil leaves. Set aside.
- In large skillet, stir together coconut cream and curry paste. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Once boiling add coconut milk-fish sauce mixture and bring back to boil. Cook 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add bell peppers and onions to skillet, turn down heat to medium, and simmer 4 minutes.
- Add beef and cook about 5 minutes or until it reaches a medium doneness (less if desired).
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in lime juice-basil leaves mixture.
- Serve immediately over rice with a lime wedge on the side.
Love Asian dishes? Find more on our Asian Flavor Pinterest board.