What’s more perfect for Christmas than chocolate & peppermint? These delicious Chocolate Peppermint Pudding Cookies are soft, buttery and full of chocolaty goodness with just the right amount of peppermint chips to add a minty crunch.
Day 3 brings a cookie that is made with pudding. Yep, that delicious instant pudding that you find on the store shelf can be used to make cookies too! Awesome!
You are probably wondering why you should use pudding at all? Pudding is made up of flavors, sugar and usually cornstarch. This additional starch added to the cookie batter makes the dough less tough by reducing the gluten-to-starch ratio and produces a more tender texture. All of the pudding cookies I’ve made, Pistachio Cherry Meltaways and my Cookies and Cream Cookies, turned out to be some of the most flavorful, softest cookies that I’d ever baked! Yep, pudding is a winner!
These Chocolate Peppermint Pudding Cookies are easy to make and are filled with all the flavors associated with the holidays. They are super chocolaty with deliciously crunchy peppermint chips throughout. Who can pass up chocolate and peppermint? Well, I know for a fact, that kids and big kids (aka adults) snatch them up as soon as they come out of the oven so you might have to hide them if you want them to last.
These would be great cookies for Christmas gift giving or a cookie swap and they take less than 30 minutes to make. They were a big hit last year with all my friends and family and will definitely be on my must-bake holiday cookie list from now on!
- 2-1/4 cups flour
- 1 3.9- oz instant chocolate fudge pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cup Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with silpat or parchment paper or lightly spray with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, pudding mix and baking soda together. Set aside.
Cream butter and sugars in your electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
Turn mixer to lower speed and add eggs and vanilla until combined.
- Stir in peppermint baking chips and chocolate chips.
- Roll into 1" balls using the palms of your hands and place on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes. Let cool slightly on cookie sheets then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
(Recipe from Chef in Training)
Christmas Cookie Marathon Series
Christmas Cookie Marathon
More Cookie Deliciousness
Cookies + Pudding = Scrumptious
Snowballs and Truffles
Simple and Delicious Cookies
Seasonal Flavors – Peppermint and Eggnog
There’s still time to order electronic books and apps for those near and dear ones. And our Pregnancy Cookbook on Kindle and Cookbook App on Google Play is great for anyone. It features heart-healthy recipes that are not only good for you but delicious too!