This easy and very traditional green bean casserole combines mushroom soup with loads of crunchy fried onions for a favorite Thanksgiving side.
Thanksgiving wouldn’t be complete without the traditional green bean casserole. And now that we’ve got the roasted turkey, classic dressing, perfect mashed potatoes and our favorite sweet potato casserole out of the way, it’s time for the vegetable to take center stage.
This one is so easy to prepare and has been a tradition in our home for longer than I can remember. I don’t think I could ever leave it off the Thanksgiving table or I would feel that something was missing. I found, from talking to others that it’s a favorite on their holiday tables as well.
It’s so simple to put together and uses premade off-the-shelf ingredients. All you have to do is mix them together and throw it in the oven beside the turkey. If you are nervous about getting everything done, don’t forget to print out our handy dandy No Stress Thanksgiving planner to make it all come together with ease.
And for all those out there that are gluten-intolerant, like my daughter, I have also included a gluten-free option. It’s a little more involved but just as delicious.
Enjoy and Happy Thanksgiving!
Everything You Need for a NO STRESS THANKSGIVING
- Thanksgiving Day Planner
- The Secret to the Perfect Thanksgiving Turkey
- Rich & Creamy Turkey Gravy
- Simply Classic Turkey Dressing (Stuffing)
- How to Make Perfect Mashed Potatoes
- Traditional Green Bean Casserole
- Our Most Popular Sweet Potato Casserole
- Homemade Cranberry Orange Relish
- Easy Delicious Pumpkin Pie
- Pairing your Thanksgiving Turkey with Wine
- Thanksgiving Recipe Roundup