This decadent mocha latte cocktail will warm you from the inside out. Hot coffee is combined with coffee tequila, white chocolate liqueur and cream for a rich, chocolaty drink that's perfect for the cold weather ahead.
The weather is finally getting cooler and my favorite place to be is curled up in a cozy chair with my hands wrapped around a warm drink, preferably something with coffee or chocolate.
I seem to make a lot more trips to my favorite coffee shop during this time of year and, if I'm not getting a freshly brewed cup of coffee, I'm splurging and ordering one of those decadent mocha lattes. Please tell me you do that too so I don't feel as guilty!
I took that decadent drink as inspiration for this rich mocha latte cocktail and it certainly helped when I found Patron had a new coffee-flavored tequila. Woohoo!
Coffee and chocolate - the perfect pairing
And what goes well with coffee - you guessed it - chocolate. Not just any chocolate but one of my favorites, Godiva's white chocolate. Oh, I forgot to mention, this Godiva White Chocolate comes in liqueur form. A no-brainer, right! Creamy, rich, decadent and perfect to pair with coffee.
I played with the quantities (now that was one fun afternoon) until I got them just right. I liked equal parts Patron XO Cafe and Godiva White Chocolate liqueur which I thought brought the flavors of each to the forefront. For those that like coffee better, add a bit more Patron and, for those that like white chocolate better, a little more Godiva.
Now it wouldn't be an extra special cocktail without a pretty but tasty rim. I know, I know, I just couldn't help myself! I coated the rim of the glass in melted white chocolate (sigh) then dipped it into crushed chocolate espresso beans. Oh, be still my heart! Then I finished it off with a touch of whipped cream and an extra sprinkle of the crushed espresso beans. What I've got is definitely delicious and decadent perfection! Can I get an amen! 🙂
So when the temps drop, change up your usual icy cocktail for something more suited to the cold, like this delicious, hard to resist, Mocha Latte cocktail. Not only does the heat of the cocktail warm you up but the liquor does a pretty good job too. 🙂 Yum!
P.S. If you want your liquor in a hurry there is a cool new service in certain areas called Drizly and they will deliver to your home in an hour or less. Isn't that cool!
More Warm Winter Cocktails
Love quick & easy recipes? Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest & Twitter for all the latest recipe inspiration! Plus join my email list here and receive a free e-book.
MOCHA LATTE COCKTAIL
- ½ cup strong coffee
- 2-3 Tablespoons Patron XO Cafe Tequila Liqueur
- ⅛ cup or 2 Tablespoons Godiva White Chocolate Liqueur
- ⅛ cup half n half (I like to use fat-free variety)
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract or 1-2 teaspoons triple sec or Grand Marnier
- 2 oz white chocolate, melted
- Garnish: whipped cream, chocolate covered espresso beans, crushed & several whole
- To prepare glasses, crush espresso beans in a small plastic bag using a rolling pin. Pour onto a small flat plate.
- Melt chocolate in a small bowl in microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in-between, until melted. Pour onto small flat plate.
- Take each glass and dip rim in melted chocolate then into crushed espresso beans.
- Take remaining melted chocolate and drip on inside of glass. This is an optional step but does lend more chocolate flavor to the cocktail.
- In a large pitcher or measuring cup, combine coffee, chocolate liqueur, cafe tequila, half n half and vanilla (or an orange flavored liqueur).
- Pour carefully into glasses.
- Garnish with whipped cream and sprinkle crushed espresso beans over top or carefully place several beans in center of whipped cream.
Leave a Reply