All the delicious mojo flavors that Cuban pork is known for in an easy crockpot recipe. Start Crockpot Cuban Pork in the morning and come home to a delicious dinner. Serve over cilantro lime rice for an extra special treat.
Living in South Florida we get to taste the best Cuban food outside of Cuba. We have our favorite restaurants that we love to visit and hit them up when we can, which isn’t often enough for us.
So, in order to get our fill of all the delicious flavors that Cuban food offers, I either make my favorite Pechuga a la Plancha or this Crockpot Cuban Pork at home.
This Cuban Pork is not only delicious but so easy to prepare ahead of time and great for busy weeknights. Plus, if you don’t have growing boys who seem to have a hollow leg, the leftovers are just as tasty.
Just make sure you make plenty of my delicious cilantro lime rice to serve it over.
I was so glad I made this Cuban pork late last week (plenty of leftovers for the hubby) because I got a big surprise over the weekend. My son-in-law called and asked if he could fly me up to Atlanta for my daughter’s birthday. Heck yeah! I could be ready to go within 20 minutes! When did he want me there? 🙂
He said he booked me to leave Tuesday and that it was a surprise. Boy was it ever! I don’t think I have ever seen her so surprised. Makes a mom feel all warm inside that her daughter was so happy to see her.
I am writing this post while enjoying my time in Atlanta so please excuse the ramblings as I’ve been pretty busy trying to give the new mom some pampering, baking up special treats (of course), attending her birthday dinner, and spending time with my adorable grandson and new granddaughter. How lucky can one person be?!
By the way, it’s really great to have with my Pineapple Coconut Mojito – just sayin’! ¡Buen apetito!
More Quick & Easy Crockpot Main Dishes
Crockpot Pot Roast – an easy one-pot dinner complete with carrots, potatoes, and onions.
Crockpot Italian Meatloaf – Full of the flavors of basil, garlic, and Parmesan cheese and a nice kick from Italian sausage. A moist, full-flavored dinner that takes only 15 minutes of prep then set it and forget it.
Crockpot Chili – a hearty chili complete with beans with a kick from Bloody Mary mix. Sure to satisfy a hungry crowd.
Crockpot White Chicken Chili – with beans, corn, and green chiles is perfect for a cold day and game day too.
Find lots more healthy crockpot recipes here on 2CM!
Love quick & easy recipes? Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest & Twitter for all the latest recipe inspiration! Plus join my email list here and receive a free e-book.
CROCKPOT CUBAN PORK with CILANTRO LIME RICE
- 2 1-1/2 lbs. pork loins
- 1 sweet onion, sliced thin
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 Tablespoons extra light olive oil
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (or 1 teaspoon coriander)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6-8 large cloves garlic, chopped
Cilantro Lime Rice
- 1-1/2 cups rice
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lime zest
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro
- Place pork loins in bottom of crockpot. Add onions and bay leaf.
- Combine remaining ingredients in medium bowl. Pour over pork & onions.
- Cover & cook on low for about 6 hours.
- Remove pork from crockpot and shred or break into thick chunks.
- Reserve sauce and serve on side.
- Serve over cilantro lime rice, spooning sauce over both, black beans and plantains.
Cilantro Lime Rice
- Cook 1 cup rice as directed on package. Just before serving, stir in remaining ingredients.
This post has been updated and was first published on August 28, 2016.