Throw this crockpot white chicken chili together before work and come home to a delicious, low-fat dinner. Stuffed full of moist chicken, white beans, corn and green chiles, this chili is not only the perfect one-pot comfort meal but it’s gluten-free too!
Crockpot White Chicken Chili
With so many chili recipes out there, it’s hard to find the perfect one. So, I combined three of my favorites into this easy & delicious meal made right in the slow cooker.
This is one of those meals that everyone looks forward to especially when the weather starts to cool down. It’s like my mom used to say, meals like chili just “stick to your ribs” and keep you warm all day. It’s meaty and filled with a combination of white beans and corn that make your dinner a healthy one. Serve with tortilla chips and a sprinkle of cheese. Placing a little cheese on top helps to keep the fat content down and adds just enough flavor to satisfy everyone’s taste buds.
If you love crockpots, here’s more options for delicious dinners.
Crockpot Cuban Pork with Cilantro Rice from 2 Cookin Mamas – Delicious mojo flavors make this Cuban pork moist and delicious.
Crockpot Beef Stew – just pour beef, potatoes, carrots and tomatoes into a crockpot, set it and forget it til dinner.
Slow Cooker Spicy Ground Turkey Sloppy Joes from Coupon Clipping Cook – a little hot sauce, ground turkey and some rolls make this saucy classic a winner!
- 2 large chicken breasts, about 1 pound
- 30 oz. white beans 2 15-oz cans
- 15 oz. can of white organic corn
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 8 oz. can chopped mild green chiles
- 10.75 oz can cream of chicken soup (Healthy Valley Organic is gluten-free)
- 14 oz. chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- Garnishes: fat-free sour cream, chopped cilantro, shredded cheddar or Manchego cheese, tortilla chips
- Place chicken in crockpot and top with beans, corn, and onion.
- Mix garlic, taco seasoning, chiles, soup, broth, and lime juice in a medium bowl and pour over the chicken mixture.
- Cover crockpot and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- When done, remove chicken from crockpot and shred with two forks. Return to cooker and stir.
- To serve, place several ladles of chili in single serving bowl and top with desired toppings. I like to crush a few tortilla chips on top but they can also be served on the side to scoop out that delicious chili.
Wine Pairings: Lighter wines with less alcohol and tannins pair best with spicy dishes. Stick with those that have less oak such as a Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc or ones that have intense fruit taste such as a Pinot Noir or California Zinfandel.