Guacamole stuffed chicken is a quick and easy dinner that will wow your family. Chicken breasts are wrapped around one of everyone’s favorites – guacamole, then we added a little bacon, ’cause everything’s better with bacon, for a meal that’s not only delicious but healthy too!
Everyone’s lives are so busy these days that quick and easy are magic words lots of us live by. This recipe is all that and oh so tasty too! How can it not be when chicken is stuffed with one of my all-time favorites – fresh guacamole! And there’s nothing to say that you can’t nibble away on the extra guacamole since there is always some left over. Just sayin’! 🙂
I used my “the only recipe you’ll ever need” classic guacamole, which you can find here, and made it prior to putting the meal together. Once that’s done it’s time to prepare the chicken. Now you could purchase chicken cutlets that are already pounded or just take a few minutes and pound your own. All you need is a large ziploc bag or several sheets of plastic wrap. Place chicken inside and, using a mallet, pound away until the chicken is about 1/2-inch thick.
All you have left to do is place a small amount of guacamole on one end of the chicken breast and roll it up. Wrap 2 pieces of bacon around each breast, ’cause everything’s better with bacon, and secure with a toothpick or two. Place on a rack in a foil covered pan, to make cleanup easy, and you’re all set to bake this awesomely delicious guacamole stuffed chicken.
Out comes this moist and delicious bacon-y flavored chicken which, when accompanied with the smooth guacamole, will have you sighing with its deliciousness. It’s perfect to serve any night of the week but special enough for entertaining too.
I served mine over a southwestern-style lentil mixture (Birdseye Steamfresh Protein Blends) to complete the meal.
But, for a change of pace, you can also serve it with salsa on the side – can you say yum? Enjoy!
- 2 large or 4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2-3/4 cup prepared guacamole
- 8 slices hickory or apple smoked bacon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a large rectangular baking pan with foil. Lay a wire rack in the pan. Spray with nonstick spray.
- Pound chicken breasts to about 1/2" thickness. If using 2 large breasts, you can either pound thin as is or cut into 2 portions each. The cut should be made lengthwise so you are starting with a thinner, longer piece.
- Lay flat and place a scoop of guacamole on each breast. Roll up starting at one of the short ends.
- Wrap each breast in 2 pieces of bacon and secure with toothpicks.
- Place each breast on the wire rack making sure they do not touch one another. Bake for 30-40 minutes. During last 8-10 minutes place under broiler to crisp up the bacon.