Mango Pineapple Guacamole
I thought for a long time when someone mentioned guacamole that there was only one kind and that was that. I mean, I absolutely love Classic Guacamole, it's one of my favorite and most popular recipes, but sometimes I like to change things up and summer seemed like the perfect time to do just that.
We've been getting some delicious mangos from our tree this year. My husband has been whipping up his famous Mango Coladas while I've been enjoying Coconut Mango Smoothies for my breakfasts. But, we wanted more ways to enjoy our tree's harvest.
I was pleasantly surprised to see some really interesting variations on guacamole while searching the web. They gave me the idea that fruit added to guacamole was a great combination. Now why didnâ€™t I think of that?! Now that I know how versatile avocados are, Iâ€™ll be experimenting to see what add-ins I like best. Of course, my husband is all for it because guess who gets to taste test them all. lol
This mango pineapple variation today has a wonderfully sweet taste that is offset by the kick from the jalapenos and dash of cayenne pepper. It is great to serve at cocktail parties or even a wine tasting. Better yet, you can use it everyday as a substitute for mayo on a sandwich or to kick up a grilled cheese. Whatever you use it, you'll love it!
MANGO PINEAPPLE GUACAMOLE
- 4 ripe avocados
- ½ cup medium sweet onion, chopped small
- 2 jalapeno peppers, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 medium ripe mango, diced
- 8 oz can pineapple tidbits, drained & halved
- In bowl or molcajete, mash avocados.
- Add onion, jalapeno peppers, salt, cayenne and cilantro.
- Squeeze lime juice over all and mix well.
- Gently stir in mango and pineapple.
- Serve with tortilla chips, vegetable chips or pita chips. For a healthier alternative, serve with cucumber slices or carrots.