Delicious, healthy banana pancakes that won’t weigh you down. They’re easy to make and full of protein, fiber and potassium to start your day off on the right foot.
Have you ever heard of healthy and pancakes in the same sentence? Well, believe it or not, you can have pancakes for breakfast and not blow your calorie count for the day. Or you can have them for lunch or dinner too! I always like breakfast for dinner on occasion and it makes for a nice change of pace.
There are several ways you can make these pancakes. I’ve done it with just a mashed banana and an egg and they are pretty good, just not too substantial, or with the following recipe that has a little more substance to them as well as providing protein, fiber, potassium and important antioxidants. And to top it all off, they’re delicious and gluten-free!
Serve with fresh fruit, a little coconut if you want, and organic pure maple syrup on the side for a real treat!
- 1 banana, mashed
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1 Tablespoon coconut or almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Heat coconut oil in large flat skillet or griddle.
- Once hot, place 1/4-1/3 cup batter per pancake on skillet.
- Wait for bubbles to appear on top of pancake then turn and cook until golden brown.
What’s your favorite breakfast treat?