These easy breakfast bowls are a quick, nutritious & gluten-free breakfast of eggs & cheese packed into a handy ham basket that comes together in less than 20 minutes. Easily baked in a muffin tin & perfect for freezing for a great on-the-go healthy breakfast.
I can't believe that tomorrow is Thanksgiving! This year is going to be a little different than it has been as my daughter, Christina (some of you know as the other Cookin' Mama) and her family moved to Atlanta and that leaves my husband and I alone for the holiday.
But I know from many years of past experience that Thanksgiving morning is a busy time. Not only with getting the turkey stuffed and ready for the oven but getting the house in order for the influx of family and friends. We also have a tradition in the house to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade together so I try not to be too distracted with chores in the kitchen and especially not for breakfast. So I usually try to make something that is quick and easy so I enjoy the day with family and store up those precious memories.
When I want something easy for breakfast I usually opt for my Blueberry French Toast Bake, Ham & Cheese Breakfast Casserole or my, almost dessert for breakfast, Tiramisu Oatmeal Bake. But today I thought I'd try these quick and easy breakfast bowls that can be ready in less than 20 minutes.
Prep couldn't be simpler. Just spray a muffin pan with a nonstick spray then press ham into each cup to make a bowl for the ingredients. Add your favorite add-ins like peppers, onions and tomatoes, drop an egg in each one then top with cheese and bake. See easy as 1-2-3-4!
Bake it to the desired consistency of the yolk then let everyone help themselves. Believe me, the kids, both big and little, will love it and it's nutritious too!
We would like to wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving! We are so thankful for all of our followers that allow us to share our love of cooking, our families that encourage us and wait patiently for meals while we get all our photos taken and for the blessings that we enjoy everyday! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
QUICK & EASY BREAKFAST BOWLS
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices deli ham
- Cheddar cheese, shredded (actually any cheese that melts easily would work)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Green onion or scallions, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a small non-stick muffin pan with Pam or other non-stick spray.
- Push one slice of ham into each muffin cup making a nice bowl for the egg.
- Crack one egg into each ham bowl.
- Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper then add shredded cheese.
- Pop into oven for 12-15 minutes depending on how done you like your yolks.
- Lift out carefully by grabbing edges of ham and place on plate.
- Sprinkle with green onions or scallions and serve. There you have it! It's that easy!