This Honeydew Peach Salad is easy to make, smooth & creamy. Mix with your favorite stone fruit, sweeten with condensed milk & add a touch of mint. It’s the perfect side dish for summer dinners and or barbecues.
It’s peak of the season for honeydew melons so I thought that an easy recipe using honeydew was in order. And what better use of this sweet melon than a honeydew fruit salad to accompany your dinner. But not just any ordinary fruit salad but a sweet and creamy salad that will have you asking for seconds.
I first saw a version of this fruit salad being demonstrated in my local grocery store and thought that it sounded deeee-licious! Since honeydew has been my favorite melon since I was little, just about anything with honeydew makes my mouth water. I never would have thought about combining it with sweetened condensed milk but it gives the salad a much smoother, creamier taste and lends itself more to a dinner side.
I accompanied the melon with peaches since they were on sale and also at their peak here but you could use nectarines, plums, apricots (any stone fruit really) or even strawberries or blueberries. Heck, maybe just add all of them together. 🙂 The idea of adding nuts came later (after the pictures) but when I tried them in the salad they gave it an extra crunch that was heavenly. Either way the salad was a big hit come dinner time!
This honeydew peach salad would be perfect for a picnic, along with our Roasted Corn Salad, as they both transport easily and pair well with the smoky flavors of a barbecue. Can you say Labor Day sides? Enjoy!
This summer salad is sweet and creamy and can be made with any peak of the season fruit. It's the perfect side dish to any barbecue.
- 1/4 cup lime juice + zest of 2 limes
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons fresh mint, chopped + some for garnish
- 3 cups honeydew melon, large diced pieces
- 3 peaches, large diced pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
- Whisk together lime juice, condensed milk and mint in small bowl.
- In large bowl, combine melon, peaches and nuts if using. Pour lime-milk mixture over fruit and toss well.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to meld the flavors.
You can substitute nectarines, plums, apricots or strawberries for the peaches.