These sweet Candied Pecans are so delicious you won't be able to stop eating them! Easy to make homemade candied pecans are cinnamon sugar-coated nuts that are baked to a sweet and crunchy finish. If the taste doesn't get you the aromas coming from your kitchen will!
I love making homemade gifts for Christmas to give to family and friends. My Rosemary Cooking Oil is always popular as is my Christmas Crack with Pretzels but these Cinnamon Sugar Candied Pecans is the one that everyone asks for year after year.
I bet you've smelled these baking while walking in the mall or wafting through the hall at business conventions. They always make me start salivating and definitely make me smile. Maybe it's the sweet aroma or maybe it just brings to mind happy memories.
Totally & deliciously addictive!
Of course, it doesn't hurt that they are so deliciously addictive! I think the package should come with a warning. They are super easy to make with only 5 ingredients total. Well, 6 if you count the salt. And the hardest thing you'll have to do is wait for them to get done baking in the oven because the smell will drive you crazy. I know, it happens to me all the time. 🙂
Check out the easy steps to making your new favorite snack.
- Beat the egg whites with a whisk til frothy.
- Whisk in vanilla extract.
- Combine sugar, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.
- Pour pecans into whipped egg whites.
- Stir to make sure all pecans are well coated.
- Pour coated pecans into cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Stir again to coat each and every one.
- Pour onto prepared cookie sheet.
Bake for 1 hour, turning every 15 minutes. Take out and let cool. I'm telling you, these little sugar-coated nuts bake up so sweet and crunchy that you'll have a hard time keeping them in the house longer than a day. (I suggest you hide some for yourself - just sayin')
These nuts are great to package up in a jar with a ribbon around it for Christmas gifts or set out for munchies during a holiday party. And they're not just for Christmas! I make them all year long for snacking to as a topping for salads, like my Spinach Strawberry Pecan Goat Cheese Salad. Yum!
My Cinnamon Roasted Peanuts with rich maple flavor is also great for gifts, snacking, and salads.
Find even more tasty snack recipes here on 2CM!
Cinnamon Sugar Candied Pecans
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pound pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Prepare cookie sheet by spraying with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whip egg white and water together until frothy, stir in vanilla.
- In another large bowl, mix sugar, salt and cinnamon together.
- Drop pecans into egg white mixture and stir to coat.
- Remove pecans from egg mixture and toss into sugar/cinnamon mixture and toss to coat well.
- Place in a single layer on prepared cookie sheet and bake in oven for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Let cool then store in airtight container.
DON'T MISS A RECIPE!
This post has been updated and was first published on December 5, 2018.