Don’t stress this holiday season! Whip up this quick & easy 30 Minute Taco Pasta Skillet for dinner. All your favorite Mexican flavors mixed with rotisserie chicken, tomatoes and pasta. And it’s made in just one pan for easy cleanup too!
Cheesy Taco Skillet
Did you know there were only 50 days until Christmas? This is my favorite time of year but also my busiest too. There are goodies to bake, Christmas chopping to start (yes, I’m one that gets a head start but it never seems to help as I’m still finishing up at the last minute), parties to hold and attend and, of course, keeping up with some great recipes for y’all to make to help make your seasons brighter.
So that’s why I’m bringing you an easy dinner dish, much like our Chicken & Tortellini Skillet and Seafood Stew, that can be on your table in 30 minutes. There’s not much fuss to it at all! It starts with a rotisserie chicken and uses easily found canned and packaged items. And, even better, it’s got all your favorite Mexican flavors and a touch of Italian with some fun spiral pasta. Bonus, it tastes great the night you make it and for next day’s hot lunches too.
Check out how easy this Taco Pasta Skillet is to make!
- Start with a large skillet, saute onions and peppers then add garlic, taco seasoning, Rotel tomatoes and green chiles, pasta, black beans, chicken broth and milk.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Place under the broiler to brown and voila – dinner in one pan in around 30 minutes!
I love to serve it with a side of fresh sliced avocado, ’cause you know, avocado is good with everything! You can also top it with sour cream and fresh salsa too.
Just look at that bite of deliciousness! So make your holiday season a little less stressful with this quick, easy and satisfying tasty dinner. Enjoy!
More Easy Recipes for Busy Weeknights
Easy Chicken Enchiladas from 2 Cookin Mamas
Mixed Grill Sheet Pan Dinner from 2 Cookin Mamas
One Pot Chili Mac and Cheese from Contentedness Cooking
BBQ Chicken Bacon Bake from 2 Cookin Mamas
Love quick & easy recipes? Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest & Twitter for all the latest recipe inspiration! Plus join my email list here and receive a free e-book.
- 1 lb. rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 4 Tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil (more if needed)
- 2 cups onion, chopped
- 2 cups bell peppers, yellow, red and/or orange, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 10 oz Ro-Tel Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
- 4 oz can green chiles
- 8 oz Rotini or our favorite pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 15.5 oz black beans, rinsed & drained (optional)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Shred the rotisserie chicken and toss with half of the taco seasoning. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over high heat.
- Add onions and peppers, tossed with remaining taco seasoning, and cook until vegetables are slightly charred. If the pan gets too dry, add remaining olive oil.
- Add garlic and stir for 30 seconds.
- Stir in seasoned chicken and heat for 2 minutes. Remove contents to bowl.
- To the skillet, add chicken broth, milk that has been combined with cornstarch, diced tomatoes and green chilies, additional green chiles, dry pasta and salt. Stir to combine and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and let simmer for about 15 minutes or until pasta is cooked to your liking.
- Add back in the chicken and vegetables and stir.
- Turn broiler on.
- Top taco pasta with shredded cheese and place under broiler until cheese has melted and is nice and brown.
- Serve immediately.
Great for Meal Prep
This recipe makes at least 6 servings. Since my family is now only the 2 of us I like to divide into servings and place in plastic containers.
You can refrigerate for 4-5 days and take out when you want a quick hot lunch or hectic weeknight dinner. Just pop in the microwave for a few minutes and voila - instant meal!
By the way, this also freezes well and keeps several months.