This BBQ Chicken Bacon Bake is an easy recipe for busy weeknights. Chicken is layered with your favorite BBQ sauce then topped with crispy bacon and melted cheddar cheese for the perfect comfort food dinner. And it’s ready in about 30!
Fall is just around the corner and, for most of us, the pace of life has picked up its pace. This calls for dinners that are quick, easy and delicious. And, as the weather turns cooler, I’m thinking comfort food and this BBQ Chicken Bacon Bake checks off all the boxes.
A few favorite easy dinner recipes are essential to have in your arsenal this time of year. My favorites include my 30-minute Taco Pasta Bake, Cheesy Chicken Ravioli Lasagna and Chicken Apple Sausage Sheet Pan dinner. I am definitely adding this BBQ Chicken Bacon Bake to that list.
I mean, what could be wrong with a chicken dish that has bacon on it? You know the saying, everything is better with bacon, and this recipe is no exception. The bacon and cheese definitely make the dish. I did try to make this a bit healthier by using low-fat cheese and a BBQ sauce without all the extra sugar and fillers. The chicken is a good lean protein and baking it saves some calories as well. And it’s gluten-free!
This meal can be on the table in about 30 minutes. It’s an easy meal to make, just a few prep steps and then pop it in the oven. Take a seat for the next 25 minutes. You deserve it!
BBQ Chicken Bacon Bake is one easy meal to make!
- 1. Season the chicken.
- Pour BBQ sauce over chicken & bake.
- Top with bacon.
- Sprinkle with cheese & bake to melt.
- Melt that cheese!
Serve with sides such as corn on the cob, baked beans, fries or your favorite slaw.
BBQ CHICKEN BACON BAKE
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt & pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Organic BBQ sauce No high fructose corn syrup, non-GMO & gluten-free
- 4 slices nitrate-free bacon cooked (if the slices are small can use 8)
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat Cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a rectangular baking dish with a non-stick spray.
- Season chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper. Lay in single layer in prepared baking dish.
- Pour BBQ sauce over chicken.
- Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- Remove from oven. Top each breast with two strips of bacon, sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Return to oven for 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
This post has been updated with new photos and an extended article. Post was first published on November 5, 2014.