Hot, crispy air fryer French Toast Roll Ups are filled with silky Nutella and dusted with powdered sugar. Breakfast just became a whole lot sweeter!
These rich roll ups are so fancy that you'll search for ways to show them off! Even better, they're super easy, quick to make, and mess-free when cooked in your air fryer.
Table of Contents
Tasty French Toast Roll Ups
Just looking at a platter of stuffed French toast roll ups makes you think they are complicated, involving pie crust, flour and a really messy kitchen. Actually, all you need is some white bread, Nutella, and an air fryer.
I love using my air fryer! There's no mess and it's a breeze to clean-up after. You can make so many other breakfast favorites in it too. Cinnamon sugar donut holes, corned beef hash and eggs, and Asiago bagels are some of my all-time favorites.
Why You'll Love This French Toast Roll Ups Recipe
These little French Toast roll ups are really easy to make. Since you are making them in the air fryer, they are super-quick too!
You'll also love how much fun they are to make! Kids can join in since there isn't any hot oil or grease to worry about.
Plus, they are really versatile. Fill them with other things, add different toppings, create a dip - the only limits are your imagination.
Here's a quick list of what you'll need to make French toast Nutella rolls:
- Loaf Bread - any type of soft bread would work. I like to use regular white bread, the kids favorite.
- Nutella - or substitute chocolate, peanut butter, cookie butter or pie filling
- Vanilla Extract
- Powdered Sugar
How to Make French Toast Roll Ups
- Cut the crust off each of the slices of bread.
- Using a rolling pin, flatten the slice of bread. This makes it easier to roll.
- Spread the bread with Nutella or your favorite spread. Flavored cream cheese is also delicious.
- Roll up the bread into a log.
- Mix milk, egg, and vanilla extract in a wide-mouthed bowl.
- Dip each of the roll ups in the milk mixture.
- Spray the air fryer basket and lay French Toast Rollups in the basket. Make sure not to crowd the roll ups so they cook up brown and crisp.
- Air fry for 6 minutes at 375°F, turning halfway through cooking time.
- Try different loaf-style breads to make the roll ups. Butterbread, oatmeal, sourdough, and whole wheat are great choices.
- Be sure to spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray or line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Remember to flip the roll ups halfway through for even cooking and nicely browned on all sides.
Recipe Variations - Other Fillings
One great thing about French toast roll-ups is how easy it is to change up the flavor. There are loads of ways to customize them! Here are some ideas:
- Biscoff French Toast Roll Ups - Use Biscoff cookie spread.
- Cinnamon French Toast Roll Ups - Use cinnamon butter spread.
- Chocolate French Toast Roll Ups - Use Cadbury Milk Chocolate Spread.
- Peanut Butter French Toast Roll Ups - Use your favorite peanut butter.
- Peanut Butter and Jelly French Toast Roll Ups - Use your favorite peanut butter and jelly combo.
- Pumpkin French Toast Roll Ups - Use pumpkin butter.
With Cream Cheese:
- Cream Cheese French Toast Roll-Ups - Use softened or whipped cream cheese.
- Blueberry Cream Cheese French Toast Roll-Ups - Use blueberry-flavored cream cheese spread.
- Strawberry Cream Cheese French Toast Roll-Ups - Use strawberry-flavored cream cheese spread.
Fruity Roll Ups:
- Apple French Toast Roll Ups - Use apple butter, jelly, preserves, or pie filling.
- Banana French Toast Roll Ups - Lay banana slices on the bread and roll up as directed.
- Blueberry French Toast Roll Ups - Use blueberry jam, jelly, preserves, or pie filling.
- Cranberry French Toast Roll Ups - Use leftover cranberry sauce.
- Strawberry French Toast Roll Ups - Use strawberry jelly, jam, or preserves. Or lay strawberry slices on the bread and roll up as directed.
- Strawberry Nutella French Toast Roll Ups - Lay strawberry slices on top of the Nutella before rolling up as directed.
What To Serve With French Toast Roll Ups
Fresh fruit, especially strawberries, are great to serve with these French Toast Nutella Rolls.
Coffee, tea, hot chocolate, or milk are the perfect beverages to go along with them.
How to Store and Reheat
Place any leftover roll ups in an airtight container or plastic ziptop bag. Refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Reheat the roll ups in the air fryer at 350°F for 4 minutes or until heated through.
More Easy French Toast Breakfast Recipes
- Air Fryer Stuffed French Toast with cannoli filling.
- Baked Blueberry French Toast is great for an easy weekend breakfast or brunch.
- Crockpot French Toast with Cream Cheese is an easy breakfast that cooks while you sleep.
- Brazilian French Toast by Easy and Delish is a crispy, fried dessert sprinkled with cinnamon sugar.
- Muffin Tin French Toast with apples.
Find more delicious breakfast recipes on 2CM!
Air Fryer French Toast Roll Ups
- 10 slices of your favorite bread
- ⅝ cup Nutella
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup milk
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- Prepare the bread by cutting the crust off each slice.
- Using a rolling pin, roll each slice to flatten. This will make it easier to roll them up.
- Spread each slice with 3 teaspoons of Nutella and roll it up into a log.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs, vanilla extract, and milk together.
- Dip each rollup in the egg mixture until well coated.
- Spray the air fryer basket the place the roll-ups in the air fryer basket making sure not to overcrowd the basket.
- Air fry at 375 degrees for about 6 minutes or until golden brown, turning the rollups halfway through.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar while they’re still warm and serve immediately.