Bambinis are little pockets of appetizer deliciousness. Pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan and Ricotta are enclosed in a flaky biscuit. It’s the perfect handheld yumminess for party time.
I’ve shared this recipe in my free Awesome Appetizer e-book but I thought with the Super Bowl just around the corner that it was time to share the deliciousness with all of you.
These bambinis are little pockets of heaven and so easy to make. They’re perfect for football season or any party any time of year. All 5 ingredients, that’s right just 5, can be bought ready to throw together making this an easy last minute addition.
So now you’re probably wondering just what are in these pockets. You’ve got a can of biscuits, pepperoni, shredded mozzarella and Parmesan and a carton of ricotta cheese. And all this goes together in about 10 minutes.
First, separate the biscuits horizontally in half then press out into a circle.
Place 2 slices of pepperoni and a tablespoon of the 3 cheeses on one side of biscuit.
Fold in half and pinch edges together. You can also use the tines of a fork to make the edge a little fancier, more like an empanada.
Place on the cookie sheet and bake. That’s it!
And if you’re someone like me who loves football, you can prepare these appetizers ahead of time and pop in the oven 20 minutes before you want to serve them. I even prepare an extra tray too so I have a backup for when I run out. And I always do!
Don’t worry if your cheese is oozing out it just makes it that much better. I mean who doesn’t like warm ooey gooey cheese?
Now grab a beer and enjoy the game. GO TEAM!
Bambinis are little pockets of appetizer deliciousness. Pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan and Ricotta are enclosed in a flaky biscuit. It's the perfect handheld yumminess for party time.
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 10 oz package flaky refrigerated bsicuits (larger grands also work but appetizer will be larger)
- 40 slices thinly sliced pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray cookie sheet with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine cheeses. Stir well.
Halve each biscuit horizontally and gently shape into a 2-1/2"-3" diameter circle.
Place 2 slices of pepperoni and 1 tablespoon cheese mixture, slightly off center, on each biscuit circle.
- Moisten edges of dough and fold over to enclose filling, pinching edges to seal.
- You can also press together with the tines of a fork for more of an empanada look.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve hot.