Homemade Pepperoni Pizza Pockets are little hot pockets of appetizer deliciousness. Pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan and Ricotta are enclosed in a flaky biscuit and baked to a golden brown. All that ooey gooey cheese you love on your pizza in the perfect handheld bundle. Ready for game time or your next party.
Pizza Hot Pockets with Biscuits
I’ve shared this recipe in my free Awesome Appetizer e-book but I thought, with the Super Bowl just around the corner, that it was time to share this awesome finger food with all of you. I love my Lasagna Cups when I’m in the mood for an Italian appetizer but these pepperoni pizza pockets, aka Bambinis, are just pure ooey gooey, cheesy deliciousness.
They’re super simple to make with only five ingredients! That’s right just 5, starting with a can of store-bought biscuits, some pepperoni slices and cheeses. These pizza hot pockets are so easy you can throw them together at the last minute and be ready to enjoy the game.
How to Make Homemade Pizza Pockets
- Gather ingredients – biscuits, pepperoni, mozzarella, ricotta and Parmesan cheese. All this will go together in about 10 minutes.
- First, separate the biscuits horizontally in half then press out into a circle.
- Place 2 slices of pepperoni and a tablespoon of the 3 cheeses on one side of biscuit.
- Fold in half and pinch edges together. You can also use the tines of a fork to make the edge a little fancier, more like an empanada.
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake. That’s it!
Don’t worry if the cheese is oozing out, it just makes it that much better. I mean who doesn’t like warm ooey gooey cheese? Aren’t you just drooling about now?! You can even prep these ahead of time if you don’t want to miss any of the game. I like to pop them into the oven about 20 minutes before I want to serve them. And I always have a backup of hot pockets waiting to be baked on another sheet pan just in case I run out. And I always do!
Now relax, sit back, grab a bite of pizza deliciousness and enjoy the game. Go team!
More Appetizers for the Perfect Super Bowl Party
Mexican Hot Cheese Dip from 2CM
Bacon Pizza Twists from 2CM
Mini Bell Pepper Nachos from Blogghetti
Crispy Baked Chicken Wings from 2CM
Love quick & easy recipes? Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest & Twitter for all the latest recipe inspiration! Plus join my email list here and receive a free e-book.
Pizza Pockets are handheld pockets of appetizer deliciousness. Pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan and Ricotta are enclosed in a flaky biscuit & baked to golden perfection. It's the perfect appetizer for game time.
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 10 oz package flaky refrigerated bsicuits (larger grands also work but appetizer will be larger)
- 40 slices thinly sliced pepperoni
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray cookie sheet with nonstick spray.
In a medium bowl, combine cheeses. Stir well.
Halve each biscuit horizontally and gently shape into a 2-1/2"-3" diameter circle.
Place 2 slices of pepperoni and 1 tablespoon cheese mixture, slightly off center, on each biscuit circle.
Moisten edges of dough and fold over to enclose filling, pinching edges to seal.
You can also press together with the tines of a fork for more of an empanada look.
Place on baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.