Crockpot Lemon Pepper Chicken with sauce is an easy-to-make dinner that takes just 15 minutes prep and the crockpot does the rest.
This is no boring chicken dinner, it’s tangy and flavorful with a tart-savory combination of lemony goodness, spices, and a creamy sauce that ties it all together. Great served over rice, pasta, or potatoes.
FYI - This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. All links are products I use when making my recipes.
Table of Contents
Easy Crockpot Recipes
The best thing about crockpot meals is that you can put everything in it, turn it on, and it's ready at dinner time. The best crockpot recipes (like this one) involve very few prep steps. You just add everything to the slow cooker and let it cook all day, It's so easy!
I love slow cooker meals! Some of my favorites include BBQ Pork, Eye of Round Roast, and Chicken Tortilla Soup. There are just so many different things you can make in the slow cooker, and this lemon pepper chicken tops the list.
Why You'll Love This Lemon Pepper Crock Pot Recipe
When you want a meal that is both familiar and deliciously different, make lemon pepper chicken with sauce. It's creamy, juicy, and bursting with flavors you've grown to love. The lemon, bold pepper, garlic, and aromatic Italian spices all infuse together to give you the ultimate comfort food.
Tender chicken that just falls apart and melts in your mouth. What's not to like?
Not only that but there are so many ways to reuse crock pot lemon chicken again. Save the leftovers and add the chicken to chicken noodle soup, chicken salad, or deliciously spicy chicken quesadillas.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Lemons for the juice & zest
- Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- Italian Seasoning
- Chicken Broth
- Half and Half
How to Make Lemon Pepper Chicken in a Crock Pot
- Season chicken with salt, lemon pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Melt butter in a large skillet and place chicken breasts in the pan.
- Brown for 4-6 minutes per side.
- Place chicken in the bottom of a crockpot and sprinkle with lemon zest and garlic.
- Pour chicken broth and lemon juice over the chicken.
- Dot the top of the chicken breasts with butter cut into cubes. Cover and cook for 5-½ hours on low.
- When cooking is completed, stop the slow cooker, uncover, and remove the chicken to a plate.
- Combine a little water with cornstarch in a small bowl.
- Whisk in the half and half.
- Pour the cornstarch mixture slowly into the crockpot and whisk together with the chicken juices.
- Return the chicken to the crockpot.
- Cover and cook on high for another 30 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
Serve over rice, pasta, or potatoes with a drizzle of the lemony sauce. Enjoy!
- Chicken Thighs: Use boneless skinless thighs instead of chicken breasts.
- Additional Spices: Onion powder, paprika, or a hint of cayenne pepper for a spicy kick could be great additions.
- Herb Infusion: Fresh or dried herbs like rosemary, thyme, or basil pair well with lemon and pepper.
- Vegetable Add-ins: Potatoes, carrots, bell peppers, or onions can be added to the crockpot along with the chicken.
- Lemon Pepper Chicken with White Wine: Adding a splash of white wine can elevate the flavor of your dish. The wine adds a bit of acidity that complements the lemon and helps tenderize the chicken.
- Gluten-Free: Use gluten-free chicken broth and seasonings. You can also serve the chicken over cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles instead of regular rice or pasta.
If you are wondering what to serve with slow cooker lemon pepper chicken, here are a few suggestions:
- Bread is great for sopping up all that yummy sauce.
- Mashed or Roasted Potatoes
- Pasta or Noodles - Any shape will do!
- Rice - Brown rice, white rice, or cauliflower rice are all good options.
- Side Salad
- Steamed or Roasted Vegetables
How to Store, Freeze, and Reheat
Storing: Allow the chicken and sauce to cool to room temperature. Place it in an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Freezing: Allow the chicken and sauce to cool to room temperature. Place it in a freezer-safe container and store it in the freezer for up to 4 months. Thaw it in the fridge overnight. Note the cream sauce may separate some after it is defrosted.
Reheating: Transfer the chicken to a saucepan and heat over low heat, stirring occasionally until warmed through. To reheat it in the microwave, place it in a microwave-safe dish and microwave it on medium power for about 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
More Crockpot Recipes
Find lots of delicious easy slow cooker recipes for everything from breakfast to dessert right here on 2CM!
Creamy Crockpot Lemon Pepper Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- ½ cup butter divided
- ¾ teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 lemons juiced and zested about ¼ cup lemon juice & 1-2 Tablespoons zest
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 cup half and half
- In a large skillet melt ¼ cup butter over medium high heat.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt, lemon pepper and Italian seasoning. Add to skillet.
- Brown for about 4-6 minutes per side.
- Spray the inside of the crockpot with nonstick spray. Place chicken in the bottom.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice, lemon zest and garlic. Pour in chicken stock then scatter the remainder of the butter, cut in cubes, over the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. (LOW IS BEST)
- 30 minutes prior to finishing cooking, combine cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of water in a small bowl. Whisk in half and half.
- Remove the chicken from the crockpot and pour the cream-cornstarch mixture into the crockpot. Stir well. Return chicken to crockpot and continue to cook for 30 more minutes on high.
- Plate chicken, I like to put it over rice or pasta, and drizzle sauce over it. Garnish with fresh parsley.