Creamy, fudgy no-bake Cathedral Cookies with mini marshmallows, crunchy nuts and covered with sweetened coconut. And they only take about 15 minutes! The perfect addition to your Christmas cookie tins.
My mom was making these Cathedral Cookies long before I was even born! They were always a favorite for the Christmas holidays and always included in her many, and I mean many, cookie tins for family & friends.
I still have to admire how many different cookies she baked and still managed to stay sane and cook up wonderful dinners every night. I love you mom!
I've been seeing these cookies all over the internet since I decided to make and share the recipe. They are also known by names like Stained Glass Window Cookies and Church Window Cookies.
No matter what name they go by they are super delicious and oh so easy. I think the hardest part is finding the multi-colored mini marshmallows to use.
This is also a fun recipe for kids to help make but you better watch that they don't eat up all the marshmallows before you have a chance to add them to the chocolate. (umm, now I wonder how I know about that? lol)
Aren't they just the prettiest cookies you've seen?
Keep them in the refrigerator and take out just prior to plating. After all, you want all the fudgy deliciousness in your mouth not on your hands! Now, where have I heard that one before? lol
If you're looking for more easy sweet Christmas goodies you might like to try:
Millionaires Cookie Bars with layers of shortbread, caramel, and chocolate.
Christmas Crack with Pretzels and caramel is the perfect sweet and salty combination.
Stroopwafel Fudge is smooth and creamy and great for homemade holiday gifts.
Christmas Snowballs made with brazil nuts for an extra special holiday cookie.
Find the best Christmas cookie recipes here on 2CM!
EASY NO BAKE CATHEDRAL COOKIES
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 12-oz pkg semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows in pastel colors
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chopped nuts
- Flaked sweetened coconut
- In a microwave safe measuring cup or bowl, melt butter and chocolate chips in 30-second increments, stirring in-between.
- Let cool slightly, then add beaten egg & salt.
- Fold in marshmallows and nuts.
- Shape into 3 rolls, each with a diameter of 2".
- Sprinkle coconut on a cookie sheet and roll each cookie roll in coconut until completed covered.
- Wrap each roll in aluminum foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Cut into individual cookies when ready to serve.
- Keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
This post has been updated and was first published on December 6, 2017.